Subject: Solo variant for reduced difficulty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
franck Leopold
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie The "Follow" (running paramedic) symbol found on the left side of several cards of the action deck has little utility in a solo game, so when playing alone, and to simulate the fact that a lone survivor is much more stealthy and agile than a bigger group, you can now discard these cards and use them :

1) easy variant : As a "dodge" action card, i.e. you can cancel 1 wound, or

2) beginner variant : To completely cancel one attack from a zombie card (either the less dangerous one or the zombie enemy of your choice) .

zombiezombie When alone, i also use a variant already found by other players : i reduce the infestation level by one for each location (i.e. the Safe House = 0, the second location = 1, etc ...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristabelle Du Bast
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with this! I recorded 19 plays of the game to get a solo win. From memory I relied upon getting a particular weapon that prevented the groups attacking me? Great game, it was my umpossible challenge for 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
franck Leopold
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kristabelle wrote:
Good luck with this! I recorded 19 plays of the game to get a solo win. From memory I relied upon getting a particular weapon that prevented the groups attacking me? Great game, it was my umpossible challenge for 2016.

So i suppose you've earned this nickname : "Kristabelle the Crossbow queen" !

I've also tried to play without the timer, but added with my two previous variants the game is now a little too easy, at least at the start : you've plenty of time to gain new skills & equip yourself ...

However, i'm still trying to "customize" these three cards that are also pretty useless in a solo game (any ideas ?) :
-Cardio (Skill)
-Walkie-talkies (Item)
-Leader (Survivor)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
-- However, i'm still trying to "customize" these three cards that are also pretty useless in a solo game (any ideas ?) :
-Cardio (Skill)
-Walkie-talkies (Item)
-Leader (Survivor)

Here some quick thoughts (not tested yet):
-Cardio = (Removes 1 wound)
-Wallkie-Talkie = Can slow or speed up the helicopter approach time by 1 minute. (Timer gameplay only.)
-Leader = Has the ability to find a new survivor if you already lost one to the zombies. (Only useful if you are playing multiple characters of course.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shane dunlop
Australia
Perth W.A
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You play as the girl that blocks group attacks ...thats the only way i can win solo. Once you get the sniper your laughing!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.