Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel "Cahwyguy" Faigin
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just gotten this game from TimeWellSpent ( http://www.timewellspent.org/ ), we decided to play this. I'm very familiar with streetcars, being a member of the Orange Empire Railroad Musuem ( http://www.oerm.org ), in Perris CA (S of Riverside), the West Coast Largest OPERATING Railroad Museum, which has the Pacific Electric and LARY Streetcars, as well as one from New Orleans. [End Shameless Plug]

So, nnicole and I reviewed the rules, and jumped right in. The track laying was fun, and a number of strategic factors came into focus quickly. First, you want to place lines near your stops early, so you can control the car stop placement. Second, there is the matter of ensuring access to your terminal, and potentially creating loops to stymie the opponents access to theirs. In this regard, the tiles with trees are great strategic moves, as they cannot be exchanged.

As for the race, there are strategic elements there as well. First is designing your routes to allow you to get up some good torque from your motor (i.e., build up the distance gained each turn), and periodically slowing down to force your opponent to slow down.

Oh, who won, you ask. For a change, I beat nnicole, primarily because I did a good job of creating a loop she had to work out of near her 2nd stop. We both want to play this one again.

As a PS: I'm going to bring this to the musuem with me for the upcoming rail festival (April 24-25, 2004). I'll see if I can get the bookshop interested in stocking it or some other railroad games, as well as seeing if some members might be interested in playing after the visitors go home. If you come out to festival, look for me. I'll most likely be a car attendant or loader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.