4 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: First game questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Roberts
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Apologies if I've missed these in other posts.

1- Are the miniatures supposed to be a limit to the numbers of each type of troop available? As the Empire I never quite exhausted the SD pile, but I think I saw a way that I could have done it (Rogue Squadron? Why did it have to be the Rogue Squadron?).

2- With the Bombardment card. I interpreted it to means that damage is inflicted equal to the number of red dice available from any one ship. The damage itself can be of either black or red quality when assigned to ground units. My worthy opponent argued that, no, it had to be assigned to red damage units (of which she had the discourtesy to have none on the target world). Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. All plastic is limited.

2. Deal damage to units of your choice (e.g. two damage in case of a Start destroyer). Color does not matter, see rules reference page 5

If a tactic card deals damage without specifying which units to assign the damage to, the player playing the card can choose any unit(s) in that theater.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The unit limit is deliberate. The rebels in particular suffer from only having 3 Mon Cal cruisers in the game - even if they hold on to Mon Calamari or Utapau all game, once they have 3 on the board, they aren't getting any more. If the Empire suffers from restrictions on units, its usually AT-ATs.

You played bombardment right, or at least you were trying to. However if your opponent was your Significant Other, you were probably wise to let her have her way... SOs can be like wookies in that regard...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Roberts
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you both for he quick replies. And for the page reference, that will be useful next game. Thank you!

Patriarchxyz wrote:
You played bombardment right, or at least you were trying to. However if your opponent was your Significant Other, you were probably wise to let her have her way... SOs can be like wookies in that regard...

Just for the record, I’m the 6’6” hirsute one, not her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.