7 Posts

Tiny Epic Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few rules questions after first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wout wit
msg tools
mbmbmb
My first playthrough was major fun, but I did end up with a few 'did we do this right?' questions... Maybe somebody here can shed some light

- the bow #1: I think you can only use it to attack goblins that have been flipped to the green side? Since the red side doesn't have the dial-symbols? The weapon was already feeling a bit OP since your meeple can do 2 things at once when placed right.
- the bow #2: adjacent, does that also mean diagonally?
- forge ahead: you can do this anytime, right? So after you roll and see you're going to get some power back, you might as well forge ahead first?
- when gaining power from a die, if you're maxed out, do you still use up that die, or does it skip you and go to the next player?
- and one last observation: we played with 2 but we figured with 4 it must be a hell of a lot more tricky. You only get to move one meeple per round (slowing down options and interactions), and there's a huge risk of your quest goal being removed from the quest-lineup during turns, so you're better off going for goblins and spells? It seems like it doesn't scale that well in that regard? Or did I miss something?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is all covered in the FAQ

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1821160/unofficial-faq

But to be short...

1) You can attack aggressive goblins with the bow.
2) No.
3) Yes
4) Used up and wasted - doesn't skip the player.
5) Don't forget that you follow the movements of other players. So you should be moving 4 times per day regardless of player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wout wit
msg tools
mbmbmb
jrdavis4 wrote:
This is all covered in the FAQ

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1821160/unofficial-faq

But to be short...

1) You can attack aggressive goblins with the bow.
2) No.
3) Yes
4) Used up and wasted - doesn't skip the player.
5) Don't forget that you follow the movements of other players. So you should be moving 4 times per day regardless of player count.

Ah, flippin hell, I totally missed the Faq. I thought they were usually sticky... Thanks!!

also, 5) DOH really? That is a BIG screw up we made, we only let the player who picked the movement perform the move... LMFOA, this chamnges the game completely, can't believe we missed that!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vito G
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
The bow ruling says adjacent. By definition of the word adjacent that would include diagonally as well. The rules do not state orthogonally adjacent so I play it as if it reaches to any map card that can be traveled to by foot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teufelhunden333 wrote:
The bow ruling says adjacent. By definition of the word adjacent that would include diagonally as well. The rules do not state orthogonally adjacent so I play it as if it reaches to any map card that can be traveled to by foot.

No its orthogonal only. A good resource is the Unofficial FAQ. Though it is "unofficial" its pretty "official". Each has been verified by Michael Coe and/or Scott Almes. As far as the bow its under E.5. The whole thing is a pretty good read though and should clarify a lot for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vito G
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I will continue to play it as I have been. If the rules do not clarify or aren't updated I see no point to make a rule more difficult using an "unofficial" ruling. If the creators wants to change the rules in the future that is fine with me, but if a game developer leaves a vague rule, I leave it up to the interpretation of the player.

I believe this is why a game developer should always source an outside entity to edit and compile their rules. Many developers aren't in the habit of writing and editing and a professional writer and editor helps from these little misunderstandings in rules. Many a great game has killed itself with poor rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each answer in the ‘unofficial’ FAQ has been verified by the creator and/or publisher.

It’s your game play however you want, but if you want to play accurately....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.