Subject: Any board game players in or around Chesterfield / Mansfield UK? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arron Sinclair
United Kingdom
Mansfield/Chesterfield
flag msg tools
Hey,

Thought I’d throw something up on here and see if this appeals to anyone who might be looking.

We are three buddies who enjoy playing board games together and were looking for some extra players who might be interested in playing some games. We first met fairly recently at a board games day in the area and we discovered that we shared the same interest in board games and also the same downfalls when it comes to finding a board games groups. This being that we don’t want to play Magic the Gathering or any other collectable card game(We don’t have a problem with these things, its just not our cup of tea). We are really laid back and play games because we enjoy them and we enjoy the company of other like-minded people. We found that some places we have visited to play games are quite over competitive and not very new player friendly and as such were not for us. We have loads of games we own and want to play but player count is the major issue i.e. Pandemic Legacy season 1, Scythe, T.I.M.E Stories, Gloomhaven, Twilight Imperium 4th edition…the list goes on. Experience doesn’t really matter to us as I’ve said its more wanting to be social with something you enjoy. So, if you have a general interest in board games and don’t have the people to play them with for similar reasons to us give me a shout.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bracey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Consider going along to COGs. It used to meet in the centre of the town but I believe now meets a little outside the centre, you can find details here http://www.c-o-g-s.org.uk/. They do have board game players as well as RPG and miniature wargames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arron Sinclair
United Kingdom
Mansfield/Chesterfield
flag msg tools
We have been to a COGs open event before but unfortunately we cannot make the mid-week evenings when this group runs. Thank you for the reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a group that meet in Hucknall, on a Tuesdays called Hammer and Ales, if you use Facebook they have a group on there. They do meet on a Tuesday evening (I don't know if that is any better than the days COGs meet). They are mainly a war game group though some of them play board games.

There is also the Sanctuary in Sutton in Ashfield , which is an old church. Again they used to get some board games going but the majority of what they do is war gaming.

Also on the 17th Feb there is a Gaming day at the Station Hotel in Hucknall, have a look at the FANG guild, we are a Nottingham based gaming group.

https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/663

There is a thread on there for the event.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1917366/fangcon-65-17th-feb

It will run from noon to midnight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.