• [+] Dice rolls
Dana Tillusz
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan (CANADA)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The link takes me to a Feedback page, not the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Takes me to the KS page.
Looks good to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Root
United States
Lakemoor
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HeavyD wrote:

Scroll down. The preview is below the feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Tillusz
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan (CANADA)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
shoshin42 wrote:
HeavyD wrote:

Scroll down. The preview is below the feedback.

Yes, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The page looks really good. Here are some initial comments:
- Only a 23 day campaign?
- No downloadable rulebook?
- How many different skirmishes and missions are included? How long is the campaign mode? Are they all scripted or variable?
- The model is clearly bigger than the box - do you have to put it together every time you play and then take it apart again?
- Less photos of people making silly faces and more of the actual game please. Why not a clear image of each player board with text saying how the player uses it. How are the navigation chart and attack disk used? How is the model used - how many sections are there for placing figures and what do they represent? How about screenshots of the app? (Yes the info may be in the videos, but having something in the text will assist potential backers).
- No Mac support for app (People will ask)?
- Will you be selling the game at Essen Spiel in October 2018, 2 months prior to backers receiving their games in December?
- Have you sent prototypes to reviewers? Will there be independent video previews available (especially from solo reviewers)?
- There are no shipping estimates - this is a key requirement for KS campaigns, and you will get numerous questions about it.
- Can backers do group pledges to reduce shipping costs?
- Will you be using international distributors to reduce customs charges and shipping fees?
- One simple statement will prevent hundreds of questions - "The box insert has been designed to hold all cards when sleeved"

This is the major issue for me:
Can the game be played with fewer than four players? Does it have a solo mode?
Yes, the game has adjustable difficulty levels for each role, allowing for 2 or 3 players, as well as a solo mode.

This is nowhere near enough information about how the game plays with less than 4 players. What does adjusting the difficulty actually mean - are you getting extra time each turn in order to control all players yourself, or are the player actions simplified and the time stays the same? Maybe it becomes a turn based and not realtime game at lower player counts? Has the solo mode been designed yet - can we see the rules for it? Could you please include a 2 player gameplay video and a solo gameplay video so we can compare gameplay for different player counts? You will be getting numerous questions about this, particularly from the solo backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Only a 23 day campaign?

Yes

Quote:
- No downloadable rulebook?

We will post it as soon as the campaign goes live.

Quote:
- How many different skirmishes and missions are included? How long is the campaign mode? Are they all scripted or variable?

10 scenarios + tutorial. Each scenario will be strongly variable, with lots of replayability.

Quote:
- The model is clearly bigger than the box - do you have to put it together every time you play and then take it apart again?

The model disassembles into three large section with just 4 clicks. You can then store it in the box. There are boards that take longer to set up / tear down.

Quote:
- Less photos of people making silly faces and more of the actual game please.

Sure, we will see what we can do.

Quote:
Why not a clear image of each player board with text saying how the player uses it. How are the navigation chart and attack disk used? How is the model used - how many sections are there for placing figures and what do they represent? How about screenshots of the app? (Yes the info may be in the videos, but having something in the text will assist potential backers).

Have you noticed the 'how to play' videos? They show a lot more than the pictures.

Quote:
- No Mac support for app (People will ask)?

Nope, it's not gonna happen as far as I know.

Quote:
- Will you be selling the game at Essen Spiel in October 2018, 2 months prior to backers receiving their games in December?

I'm not sure about such details, but from what I remember, Essen pick-up should be possible. I don't know about 'selling', though.

Quote:
- Have you sent prototypes to reviewers? Will there be independent video previews available (especially from solo reviewers)?

Yes, and yes.

Quote:
- There are no shipping estimates - this is a key requirement for KS campaigns, and you will get numerous questions about it.

Please bear in mind that the preview does not give you full information. Please rest assured that there will be exhaustive shipping info once the campaign goes live.

Quote:
- Can backers do group pledges to reduce shipping costs?

If you pledge to get at least one copy, then you will later be able to add more in the pledge manager

Quote:
- Will you be using international distributors to reduce customs charges and shipping fees?

Yes

Quote:
- One simple statement will prevent hundreds of questions - "The box insert has been designed to hold all cards when sleeved"

There is no box insert as of now. If there is however, we will make sure it holds sleeved cards.

Quote:
Can the game be played with fewer than four players? Does it have a solo mode?
Yes, the game has adjustable difficulty levels for each role, allowing for 2 or 3 players, as well as a solo mode.
This is nowhere near enough information about how the game plays with less than 4 players. What does adjusting the difficulty actually mean - are you getting extra time each turn in order to control all players yourself, or are the player actions simplified and the time stays the same? Maybe it becomes a turn based and not realtime game at lower player counts? Has the solo mode been designed yet - can we see the rules for it? Could you please include a 2 player gameplay video and a solo gameplay video so we can compare gameplay for different player counts? You will be getting numerous questions about this, particularly from the solo backers.

It's more simple than you think. Each role is modular, and also has varying degrees of complexity. So, you can choose between 'easy', 'medium', or 'realistic'. When playing solo, it is recommended to choose 'easy' for all roles. It takes away certain responsibilities, AND makes the remaining ones easier. There is no tampering with core rules, and there isn't a separate ruleset for solo play. This allows you for added flexibility, as you may opt to siplify, say, the Chief Engineer's role while retaining all navigation functionalities in solo, if you so wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
All over this! Now if they could do a B-17 version of the game.......mmmmmmm

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Mac means no me. I assume that means no IOS for iPad. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:

IOS/ipad is supported.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lillibridge
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You must not have looked at the pics, every pic shows an iPhone running the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:

I believe that it was stated Android, iOS, & PC (I assumed Windows only)..

Pet peeve... PC = Personal Computer, this includes Linux and macOS as well.

I would list support as Android, iOS, and Windows only.

I too am sad about no macOS support, but at least I can use my phone.

Edit: I know I can use Wine, Dual boot, etc. but if It's on Steam I'd rather run native. As long as iOS is working I'll be OK (I don't have any Windows or Android devices at home).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lillibridge
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I’m onboard with you about the lack of Mac support, honestly a port can’t be that hard. Maybe if enough people voice the lack of MacOS support, they will change their mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we are currently working to get the IoS version rolled out as quickly as we can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muttah wrote:
Yes, we are currently working to get the IoS version rolled out as quickly as we can!

Thank you Artur. Ipad will do the trick!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lillibridge
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought the iOS was already supported, just not the MacOS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Steels
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
I saw the unboxing video of the chief ( bonding with boardgames ) and it looks great, so does the preview page, i can't wait...

One minor thing about the pronounciation of uboot : on the previewpage it says "ooh bot" i believe it should be "ooh both" because bot as in robot is a short o and u need a long one, correct me if i'm wrong

Good luck on the campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick McKown
Canada
Spruce Grove
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Really interested in this project but need it to work with Mac OS X :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you offer an Essen pickup option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alain fa
France
SENLIS
FRANCE (europe)
flag msg tools
mb
A french version N

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there will be an Essen pickup option

And I do hope there will be French, Spanish, and other versions. But, if I understand it correctly, it boils down to French / Spanish partners opting to publish the game. Hopefully there will be enough interest

As for the pronunciation, the 't' is the palatal plosive, not the soft 'th' fricative I'm not sure if I remember it right from phonetics classes, but you get the idea The 'o' part is supposed to be long, that's true, but if you write an 'oo', then english speakers pronounce it as the /u:/ sound (as per the phonetics chart).

Here's more or less how it should sound:

https://forvo.com/word/das_boot/

So, as you see, 'ooh bot' isn't that far away. A hint for English speakers: for once, read the bloody letters for what they are - sounds! You have UBOOT, so one 'ooh' sound, then 'b', then a long 'aaaw', and then a 't'.

And there you have it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You pronounce "UBoot" in German like this:

"U" like the "oo" in food
"B" like the "b" in big
"OO" like the "o" in open, but long
"T" like the "t" in turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To my ear it seems that a phonetics expert would disagree with you here on the first and the third sound. As I am not a phonetics expert (thankfully ), then I'll just say 'close enough'.

Although 'open' clearly has a diphthong as the fist sound, so it wouldn't correspond that well with the flatter and lower German 'o'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62DpHt_Ztv0

Replace "Das" with "oo"
I'd say watch the movie, but I can't remember if they ever really said it in the movie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
redblackmonkey wrote:
Maybe this will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62DpHt_Ztv0

Replace "Das" with "oo"
I'd say watch the movie, but I can't remember if they ever really said it in the movie.

So to an English speaker, sounds like oo-bought

??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.