Subject: News about 2018 TWD releases from Mantic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Mantic is going through their various game lines and relating about what's ahead in this new year of 2018:

The Woodbury wave-4 stuff is close, including some MDF houses for the town of Woodbury itself:
Mantic wrote:
The first release on the horizon is Wave Four, which includes the Made to Suffer expansion and accompanying boosters. Due to hit retailers in late February, this wave tells the story of when Rick and the Atlanta Survivors meet the Governor for the first time.

The Made to Suffer expansion contains a printed play-mat with detailed town interiors, rules for fighting inside buildings, and expanded rules for larger games and allied forces! You’ll also get the Governor’s four main henchmen: Martinez, Gabe Harris. Bruce Cooper and Dr. Stevens.

Wave Four also includes some new retail exclusives:

* Michonne, Vengeful Hunter Booster – an armoured version of Michonne, Tom and a new Walker
* Lilly Booster – Lilly, Smitty and a new Walker
* Tyreese Prison Advisor Booster – armoured Tyreese, Raymond and a new Walker

However, that’s not all we’ll have for Wave Four because next month we’ll also be releasing some new MDF accessories. The Woodbury Housing Estate includes four houses that match the design on the Made to Suffer mat. They have removable rooves and the interiors are the same too (including opening doors). Make sure you’re signed up to the newsletter to hear when they’re available for pre-order.

Wave-5 will be the first non-Kickstarter wave, and it looks to be centered around The Hunters storyline, where Rick & Co. leave the prison & encounter a survivor group of cannibals:
Mantic wrote:
Wave Four marks the final wave that was funded during the Kickstarter but we’re not stopping there! Later this year we’ll release the first straight to retail wave based the Hunters storyline in the comics. During this timeline Rick and the gang leave the prison and come across a dangerous group of survivors known as the Hunters!

This Wave will introduce a selection of well known characters into the game too, including Abraham, Gabriel, Rosita and Eugene. You’ll also find advanced rules for map-based campaigns in the Fear the Hunters expansion.

And it looks like a co-op boardgame is coming late in the year, with figures you can also use in the minis game:
Mantic wrote:
However, that’s not all we’ve got planned for the year ahead and towards the end of 2018 we’re planning to release a top secret co-operative board game inspired by one of the major storylines in The Walking Dead. The Survivors introduced in the new game will also be usable in All Out War too, so there’s an extra bonus for those that purchase it.

And maybe an online campaign:
Mantic wrote:
So, there you have it. 2018 promises to see the Walking Dead continue to grow. We’re also looking into the possibility of an online campaign that features the various factions fighting to control Atlanta! So stay tuned for more details on that in the months to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! Thanks for sharing it fightcitymayor

I've been working on some rulings for playing inside buildings, but would enjoy the official rules when this comes out. I've got several buildings from 4Ground games that have removable roofs and doors that can open and close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks fightcitymayor! Made To Suffer is a pretty great expansion. Interior fighting rules are in the Prison expansion already (Safety Behind Bars). Made To Suffer is the better expansion in my eyes but it is heavily focused on the competitive side of the game (no solo scenarios in the rules).

I'm not that excited for a Hunters themed expansion. I hardly remember them in the comics. I'll probably pick it up for the advanced rules because I like those extras but I definitely don't need more survivors. Also a reason why the upcoming co-op board game is a "wait and see" moment. Unless it jumps way ahead and is based on this (spoiler if you are not caught up with current comics):

Spoiler (click to reveal)

I'd be totally in on that.

I agree with the commentor on their site that an online campaign deciding the fate of Atlanta is hard since there is only two factions available. If 2018 is only going to see the Hunters, will it be late 2019 before we really see the Saviors or the Kingdom? maybe in 2020 we'll actually see the "All Out War" arc that the game was named after ;-)

Ok, that starts to sound pretty negative. I still love the game and want to see more. I'd really like simple AI for survivors for my solo games though. Maybe I'll make one up since it doesn't sound like Mantic will any time soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wondering about AI rules for survivors as well Christian. It would seem a little tricky because of there being the AI for the walkers already, and having events and the threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
I've been wondering about AI rules for survivors as well Christian. It would seem a little tricky because of there being the AI for the walkers already, and having events and the threat.

Right it would definitely up the complexity. I think it would also have to be tailored to specific scenarios or built around the AI enemies. Maybe I'll tinker around with it some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
space monkey mafia wrote:
Hahma wrote:

Right it would definitely up the complexity. I think it would also have to be tailored to specific scenarios or built around the AI enemies. Maybe I'll tinker around with it some.

Maybe Survivor only conflict with no walkers.

Yeah, I may try something too, and try to base it in the creatures AI in Frostgrave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.