Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Argentina
Paraná
Entre Ríos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Suppose a player reveals a mission by error, as he wanted to initiate another one and/or he can't initiate it because conditions are not met. How do you rule this?

2) What if a player activates a system and immediately wants to roll the action back?

2.B) What if he used an action card and/or revealed a doable mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I try to be lenient if it does not happen frequently. It's a long game and mistakes simply happen.

1. If he cannot do the mission, bad luck. I will however allow him to switch leaders, if he has someone in the pool who can do it. Then he can do it.

2. Let him roll back.

2B. He must do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nekrocow wrote:
1) Suppose a player reveals a mission by error, as he wanted to initiate another one and/or he can't initiate it because conditions are not met. How do you rule this?

Then he can't do the mission. The leader has to stay on it for the rest of the round (doesn't go back into the leader pool). He can pick a different leader to activate or try a mission instead. At the end of the round, the mission goes back into his hand. This applies if, say, the Emperor is on "Lure of the Dark Side" but the rebels rescue his prisoner. The Emperor gets a wasted turn.
I wouldn't do it as a "gotcha!" if nothing else had changed in the game or player's knowledge. This isn't tournament chess.
Nekrocow wrote:
2) What if a player activates a system and immediately wants to roll the action back?

You mean, he sends a leader to activate a system, but immediately changes his mind? I'd let him take the leader back into his action pool and attempt something else instead, as long as the game state hasn't changed - it didn't identify if the Rebel base was there or not, or he started rolling dice, or I had said something like "Ha! Now Coruscant is undefended!", or we'd moved on and the next leader was doing his thing.

Nekrocow wrote:
2.B) What if he used an action card and/or revealed a doable mission?

If he used an action card that is impossible to play (like Lando's "Independent Operator" when there is no way to play it, then it counts as having not played the card, and he keeps it. For other action cards, I'd say he can choose to take it back, again as long as game state or his knowledge hasn't changed.

If he reveals a doable mission which he doesn't want to do, then I'd let him not reveal it and sit the leader back on it for the rest of the turn. However, his leader isn't free to do anything else (activate or play a different mission). He is stuck on the one he isn't going to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RitterFips wrote:
1. If he cannot do the mission, bad luck. I will however allow him to switch leaders, if he has someone in the pool who can do it. Then he can do it.
I wouldn't let him switch leaders. There's changing your mind in the moment (which is fine with me, if I haven't made any changes based on what you originally did) but once the action phase has started, you can't go about reassigning leaders between missions and the leader pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll also accept roll backs provided no new information has been learned about the other team. For example, don't allow the Imperial to move some ground units in to see that the base is not present in a system and then roll that back to activate a different system.

If you reveal a mission and then discover you flipped the wrong card and wanted to do something else first, I'll certainly let you take that back, even if the mission you revealed was doable. You can still reveal that mission again later in the round if it is still possible.

And I also wouldn't allow you to switch assigned leaders unless it was the very first command turn of the round or something. That could be easily exploited if you were to allow it (holding back your choice of leader to send because you want to know how many icons you'll need for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we play activations is that the player puts his leader in, and moves in whichever units he wants. The opposing player asks "is that everything?". Once the first player confirms no more changes to units sent, the opposing player reveals if the base is there or not (assuming ground units invaded), and sends a leader to fight back if he wants. At that stage the first player can no longer change his mind about the attack and who is leading it, and can't add or subtract any units from the force now in the system.

So if the Emperor blundered into the rebel base with a single Stormtrooper, that's too bad. Very nasty if you are playing with the combat cards from the expansion set.

Of course if I was up against a new or young player I would go easy, as I'd be trying to teach the game rather than crush a noob! That sort of thing has put me off games when learning them myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.