Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Ebert

McDonough
Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So has anyone else having an issue with orders from Daedalus Productions?

I ordered the big box for Scythe and the Scythe inserts on 11/20/17. Received an e-mail on 12/15/17 that it was finally shipping and now crickets. 4 e-mails sent since then for tracking information and my order still has not arrived. They have not responded to any of my e-mails.

I'm trying to decide if I should dispute the charge with Paypal or if I should wait a little longer. They seem like good guys but its pretty sad to go almost 3 weeks without a package or an e-mail response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you not get tracking information? Seems weird.

As for the communication delay they are a just a small company might even be sole owned and operated. My guess was he went on holiday and just didn't say anything.

Hopefully he gets back to you soon the few times i met the guy at BGG he seemed really awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daedalus Productions - Lost My Business - Warning to Others
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tmebert wrote:
So has anyone else having an issue with orders from Daedalus Productions?

I ordered the big box for Scythe and the Scythe inserts on 11/20/17. Received an e-mail on 12/15/17 that it was finally shipping and now crickets. 4 e-mails sent since then for tracking information and my order still has not arrived. They have not responded to any of my e-mails.

I'm trying to decide if I should dispute the charge with Paypal or if I should wait a little longer. They seem like good guys but its pretty sad to go almost 3 weeks without a package or an e-mail response.

I would file something quick. It appears they are not taking any new orders right now. That smells like trouble to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it's a one man shop on his own personal laser cutter.

It could be ominous and it could also quite likely be he marked it all out of stock until he could get through all the orders so he can get out of his backlog and prevent more people getting upset at the long delays on product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered something on Black Friday and immediately got an email that they were running 14-16 business days behind because of backlog. Then I got some emails around Christmas that they were struggling to get things out by christmas and asking non-gift orders if they were willing to move back. (I asked not to move my order and got it immediately following Christmas).

Did you get any of the above emails?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Lakeland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daedalus is also handling a LARGE portion of the accessories for the recent Game Topper Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461413365/game-toppers.... Burky (the designer), is planning a very aggressive turnaround (campaign ended in October and delivery is set for February). So, I'm sure that has impacted things for Daedalus in significant ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
godurmyall wrote:
Daedalus is also handling a LARGE portion of the accessories for the recent Game Topper Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461413365/game-toppers.... Burky (the designer), is planning a very aggressive turnaround (campaign ended in October and delivery is set for February). So, I'm sure that has impacted things for Daedalus in significant ways.

Maybe he shouldn't have agreed to do that AND choose to run a big sale in the same timeframe - definitely a bad business decision. Bad businesses don't deserve customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
godurmyall wrote:

When I saw this post, I wondered if fulfilling their part of the Game Toppers Kickstarter didn't have something to do with it. Burky ended up with a very successful campaign and I'm sure Daedalus is swamped right now.

Not that this is an excuse to ignore customers, but maybe Daedalus should have made some accommodations to mitigate this influx of work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Ackerman
United States
Stevenson Ranch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
godurmyall wrote:

Maybe he shouldn't have agreed to do that AND choose to run a big sale in the same timeframe - definitely a bad business decision. Bad businesses don't deserve customers.

Whoa, hang on a second!

First of all, not everyone is amazing at business.

Demanding that every business out there make perfect decisions all the time is a little harsh. This doesn't appear to be a pattern with this very small and niche company, but more a first major blunder in their young lifespan.

A community like this deciding to never support a company again could easily cause said company to go under, especially when they are a small operation.

It's unfortunate that people are having issues with this company at the moment, but show a little humanity and a little patience and see where it goes.

This isn't an insurance company or a restaurant where you have tons of options and other businesses to model after. This isn't a mega conglomerate that knowingly made this decision for a profit, despite having the resources and logistics to do otherwise. This is a small hobby business that does cool things for a relatively small community.

Grabbing torches and pitchforks over this is bad for the hobby. Advocating that one mistake like this means we should boycott the company and put them out of business hurts small business overall, hurts our great hobby overall, and is generally the kind of entitlement attitude that leads to things like the Kardashians, not a bunch of positivity in the world of board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rutherford82 wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
godurmyall wrote:

Whoa, hang on a second!

Demanding that every business out there make perfect decisions all the time is a little harsh. This doesn't appear to be a pattern with this very small and niche company, but more a first major blunder in their young lifespan.

A community like this deciding to never support a company again could easily cause said company to go under, especially when they are a small operation.

It's unfortunate that people are having issues with this company at the moment, but show a little humanity and a little patience and see where it goes.

This isn't an insurance company or a restaurant where you have tons of options and other businesses to model after. This isn't a mega conglomerate that knowingly made this decision for a profit, despite having the resources and logistics to do otherwise. This is a small hobby business that does cool things for a relatively small community.

Grabbing torches and pitchforks over this is bad for the hobby. Advocating that one mistake like this means we should boycott the company and put them out of business hurts small business overall, hurts our great hobby overall, and is generally the kind of entitlement attitude that leads to things like the Kardashians, not a bunch of positivity in the world of board games.

You can do what you want but I stand by what I said. Bad businesses should not be propped up just because they are a small business. This is the LGS debate all over again.

If he goes out of business because he doesn't know how to run a business, so what? It's not like there aren't other options and others won't pop up. Or maybe he'll go work for/with someone that actually does know how to run a business. Or maybe he'll lose some customers and realize he needs to hire someone to do customer service if he is incapable of doing it himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rutherford82 wrote:
Whoa, hang on a second!

I generally agree with you, but this isn’t one mistake. It’s multiple mistakes over time affecting many people. Seems like a trend rather than an instance. Flail your arms all you want, but I don’t think you’ll find many people at your side when you’re defending a pattern of incompetence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Perry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the Mage Knight insert. Ordered mid-November and received it well before Christmas.

Unfortunately, when I opened it on Christmas day, I found the divider pieces that are supposed to be printed with the card descriptions in gold had no printing at all.

Maybe not a big deal, but for a $40 insert, I don't think it's a lot to expect it should come as advertised. It's a nice feature that helped me choose the Daedalus insert over the competition.

If I had purchased this from any other retailer, I'd expect to send an email and have a replacement sent out in a few days.

But after 5 separate unanswered emails to Ben, I think it's safe to assume that I have two choices. Put together the insert as is, or attempt to get a refund.

I'll be keeping the insert, but I seriously doubt I'll be purchasing from Daedalus again.

Seems to me if Daedalus is a small, growing company in this space with this community as their core customers, the easiest and most beneficial thing they can do to keep growing is to simply communicate with their customers.

Conversely, refusing to communicate seems to be the most damaging thing they can do for their future growth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Ebert

McDonough
Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So after a couple more e-mail attempts I decided to escalate this with Paypal. I do not normally like to do this but I don't feel like I have a choice with the lack of communication. I bought the Scythe Big Box as well as there main insert for Scythe and the insert for the Wind Gambit. $120 worth of goods. I hope they respond to the Paypal request soon. Wish I would have used my main credit card so I would have the refund immediately.

Buyer Beware. I don't care if they are a small company this is pretty bad customer service. I really think that Rodney Smith should be careful partnering with this company because it reflects poorly on his Watch It Played brand as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
rutherford82 wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
godurmyall wrote:

Whoa, hang on a second!

1 - This is not "grabbing torches and pitchforks", this is proper (and justified) response to bad business.

2 - No one is demanding perfection, people are rightfully demanding the smallest semblance of customer service.

3 - Simple and quick research proves this IS a pattern with this this company, as shown through previous posts over the past several years here just at BGG, let alone any other resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Orosz
United States
Wickliffe
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my ordeal. Placed an order on November 24th. Received no product or word for a month, sent an email. Week passed, nothing, sent another email. Exactly 7 weeks after my initial order (Monday), I received a Facebook message from him, apologizing and saying he'd get my order out that day or next (and saying he battled an illness over Christmas). He was in the process of replying to people (finally). Two days after that, I received my Mage Knight insert. Took way too long, but got it and it looks good. Unlike Rob from above, mine did come with gold print of the card descriptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Perry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick update...

Ben did get back to me today with an apologetic email and offered to send me out the defective pieces.

I stopped emailing him a week ago, but he appears to be trying to catch up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rando Weirdo
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re:
Late to the me-too train. I too ordered an MK insert around Thanksgiving and missed the mass mailer as it went straight to spam. I queried through the website and no response, and then queried via email and no response.

I get that he is a small business, and I like supporting small business. I have been a small business owner before. You really shouldn't take an order that you can't fill, and if you mess up you should be bending over backwards to make your customers happy. A mass mailer falls pretty far short of that bar, for me. Will see if I get a product or a response.

As it stands, he's had a lot of folks' money in his PayPal account for several weeks now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Taddeo
United States
El Cajon
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugg, Thanks for the heads up Paul. I ordered Scythe Legendary Box and Insert on 1/30/2018 and here we are a month later and no correspondence or responses to my email....well, according to your schedule I still have a week to go before ai get a response. whistle

Verecundus wrote:
Here's my ordeal. Placed an order on November 24th. Received no product or word for a month, sent an email. Week passed, nothing, sent another email. Exactly 7 weeks after my initial order (Monday), I received a Facebook message from him, apologizing and saying he'd get my order out that day or next (and saying he battled an illness over Christmas). He was in the process of replying to people (finally). Two days after that, I received my Mage Knight insert. Took way too long, but got it and it looks good. Unlike Rob from above, mine did come with gold print of the card descriptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should have done a little research before ordering my Mage Knight expansion - I missed all this chatter.

I ordered on Feb 17th, so it's only been 5 weeks for me, and the website had a header saying "upwards of 25 days", so technically it's still within the realm of decent fulfillment.

I only came searching because it seemed like their website was down... but I guess it's a weird Chrome/Canary issue, because it comes up fine on Edge.

I really do hope that I don't end up waiting months though! I'll come back and post a follow up when I hear anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick update. It's been a week since I emailed Daedalus asking for a status update on my order - no response!

The order is now 6 weeks old...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ryan guynn
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hate to tell you but I ordered a Mage Knight insert on January 24th and have had zero contact as well despite two emails. Close to having my credit card cancel the payment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rguynn wrote:
Hate to tell you but I ordered a Mage Knight insert on January 24th and have had zero contact as well despite two emails. Close to having my credit card cancel the payment.

Bleah. Well that's a real bummer. The thing is, I'm super excited about the idea of having one. Their insert seems to be the one to get for MK.

Anyone have a phone number for Daedalus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roswurm
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their support email seems to be bouncing back invalid. What’s going on? I have a MofV orderfrom 2 months ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if folks have seen this, but Ben responded in the Secret Cabal forums a couple weeks ago:

Re: Daedalus Productions - Serious Delays On Orders?!

Just a heads up in case people haven't seen it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.