BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Displaying of the Game name & image in collection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gail Maser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm exploring to enter my games in my profile BGG Collection.

However, the game names are systematically changed to the corresponding one on the American market.
Same for the game illustrations which can be super different from the one I own yuk... and it even happened to me once (which decided me to post on this forum): change of Author !gulp

How can I set my country of origin so that I have the correct names (and possibly illustrations) displayed in my game collection ?

If it does not work like that, what are the alternatives ?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You can set your country of origin by editing your profile (in the User Details section, bottom left). But this won't change the versions / images you see in your collection.

To do that, you need to set the version you own. You can do this either when adding a new game to your collection, or from the collection page (just click in the empty cell in the version column). Note that at the bottom of the list that pops up, you can also add custom version information - but if the version / image you want is not listed, it would be better to add them to the database so othe people can also use them (you can do this from the Versions tab of the game page).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you mark a game as owned, do you set the version to the one you have, or do you just let it default to what it wants?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gail Maser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot.

There is no way to directly propose a link to an official online image for example from the editor ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You can't display an external image for your version.

You can upload images to a version's image gallery, and then propose it as the representative image (e.g. a good quality photo of the box lid).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
You can't display an external image for your version.

You can upload images to a version's image gallery, and then propose it as the representative image (e.g. a good quality photo of the box lid).

Actually you have to load the images to the "game" gallery and propose a link to the version. After the image is accepted via Geekmod, then the version link goes to Geekmod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gail Maser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks to allthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.