5 Posts

Eldritch Horror: Forsaken Lore» Forums » Rules

Subject: Massa di Requiem per Shuggay question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wynther Knight
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I draw and encounter card that lets me gain the Massa di Requiem per Shuggay artifact and (as per the encounter card) I then search the pages for the knowlegde (Observation -1).

Another player has the artifact, so the ruling is, I don't get the artifact.

Since i don't possess the artifact, do i still need to do the observation check? cause I dont have the artifact, there are no pages for me to search on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, it is indeed a bit wobbly. But following the rules, you'd still have to make the Observation test - there is nothing that stops that part of the encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wynther Knight wrote:
I draw and encounter card that lets me gain the Massa di Requiem per Shuggay artifact
I'm sure the encounter doesn't actually say you gain the Massa di Requiem per Shuggay artifact. If you ever stumble upon this encounter again you can post the text and we'll deconstruct it.
Thematically, it's a written work that is very likely to have at least a few copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
I'm sure the encounter doesn't actually say you gain the Massa di Requiem per Shuggay artifact.

I wonder why you are so sure There are quite a few Research encounters that award a specific artifact, such as Azathoth #16: "... Gain the Massa di Requiem per Shuggary Artifact. You search the pages for the knowledge you seek (Observation test). ..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple wrote:
haroth9842 wrote:
I'm sure the encounter doesn't actually say you gain the Massa di Requiem per Shuggay artifact.

I wonder why you are so sure There are quite a few Research encounters that award a specific artifact, such as Azathoth #16: "... Gain the Massa di Requiem per Shuggary Artifact. You search the pages for the knowledge you seek (Observation test). ..."
Good catch, my bad. I misunderstood the OP. Fortunately I have sleep deprivation to excuse myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.