Subject: Are/will the promo packs be avaible in other languages? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P. Biensan
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Sorry if this has already been asked, I tried to use the search function but found nothing conclusive).

I bought Scythe in French, and when I search for promo packs on French online game stores, they seem to only propose an English version. So, are French versions avalaible but out of print (which I guess I should really ask the French publisher of Scythe but, I might get a quicker answer here), or do they simply not exist?

I obviously have no problem with game content in English, it would just bother me a bit to mix two languages in my game (not *that* big of a deal, I'll get over it if I have to , and I'm certainly not *demanding* them being translated if that isn't currently the case).

Thanks in advance for answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Matagot had printed the promos in French (most of our international publishers have done that), but I just looked through our order history with them, and it appears that isn't true. I'd recommend contacting Matagot to tell them you'd be interested in buying French versions of the promo cards--that might inspire them to do make them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Biensan
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went and checked Matagot's website, and I should have done that before asking my question, because it appears that they do carry the French versions of the promo pack — it seems that you can only buy those directly from them, hence why I could not find those in other stores.

Thanks for the answer nonetheless, sorry for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, they do? That's good to know. I must have missed that in my notes. Thanks for looking into that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
P. and Jamey, I bought my promo cards in French through the Matagot website, along with the board extension.

Then I found out about the 37-42 promo cards, which haven't been translated in French yet. I asked Matagot via Facebook whether they intended to do so and they replied that they had asked but hadn't received any reply yet.

So I ordered the English pack (along with the metal coins and realistic resources) on Philibert. However, if it ever does get released in French, I'll purchase it too (just for any other players who can't read English).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Yohann! I'll check in with Matagot about the part about them asking but not hearing anything back--I always reply to their messages, and they haven't asked me anything about those promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
Thanks Jamey.
Just in case, if you ever want to see where I asked this question, it's on Matagot's Facebook page, under a post dated from December 28th. It's in French though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.