2 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: A New Dawn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scientific advance and wonder building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roussi Roussev
msg tools
I have 2 issues that I would like to resolve:

1. Scientific advance - Every time a player advances the scientific dial and it reach or pass any marker (e.g. I, II, III or IV) the player could replace 1 science card. I ask because in some tech levels there are 2 markers per level and so far I assumed I take cards on each marker.

2. Building a wonder - I guess a player could build a wonder only if they can do it in the same turn. One cannot select a wonder and build it in 2 or more turns. I assume this because what happens if anyone else is after the same wonder.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
????
mbmbmbmbmb
erratic_thought wrote:
I have 2 issues that I would like to resolve:

1. Scientific advance - Every time a player advances the scientific dial and it reach or pass any marker (e.g. I, II, III or IV) the player could replace 1 science card. I ask because in some tech levels there are 2 markers per level and so far I assumed I take cards on each marker.

You upgrade a card each time you reach a Roman numeral. So for example, at 3 and 6 you replace a card with a level two card.

Quote:
2. Building a wonder - I guess a player could build a wonder only if they can do it in the same turn. One cannot select a wonder and build it in 2 or more turns. I assume this because what happens if anyone else is after the same wonder.

You must pay the entire cost of a wonder in one turn. You can use trade gods and resources to help with the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.