Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If my investigator is to take 1 damage but I assign it to an ally, does hypocondria forced capacity applies?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Stan
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Due to the fact that the card even specifies that the Horror you receive is direct (aka can't be directed to an Ally) I would venture a guess that if the damage is applied to an Ally YOU did not take any damage and thus the Forced horror does not apply.

EDIT: I stand corrected apparently my conclusion was false!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LtZoidberg wrote:
Due to the fact that the card even specifies that the Horror you receive is direct (aka can't be directed to an Ally) I would venture a guess that if the damage is applied to an Ally YOU did not take any damage and thus the Forced horror does not apply.

I'd say the opposite, and I'm pretty sure that any damage you assign to assets is also damage you have 'taken'. This is why the word direct exists - to differentiate between when it can and can't be assigned to assets. Direct does not appear in Hypochondria's trigger and so any damage taken will trigger it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tennessee Schaefer
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I was siding with Sam and went to ArkhamDB to see the explicit card text. The card FAQ clearly states that assets taking damage also trigger it.

https://arkhamdb.com/card/01100
Quote:
FAQs (taken from the official FAQ or FFG's responses to the official rules question form)
Any investigator at the same location as the investigator with Hypochondria in their threat area may trigger the -> -> to discard Hypochondria, as per the FAQ [V1.0, section 2.1].

Triggers even if you assign damage to an asset you control (you're still taking damage, even if you reassign it).

No cited reference on the damage rule, but no reason to doubt it.

Also, I need to check the FAQ. Is it across the board that investigators at the same location can trigger another investigator's asset or threat actions? Or is it just the threats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyFight wrote:
Also, I need to check the FAQ. Is it across the board that investigators at the same location can trigger another investigator's asset or threat actions? Or is it just the threats?

Just threats - check the rules for the Activate Action entry in the RRG:

RRG wrote:

Activate Action
"Activate" is an action an investigator may take during his or her turn in the investigation phase.

When this action is taken, the investigator initiates an ability that specifies one or more icons as part of its ability cost. The number of icons in the ability's cost determines how many actions the investigator is required to use for this activate action. When performing an activate action, all of that action's costs are simultaneously paid. Then, the consequences of that action resolve.

An investigator is permitted to activate abilities from the following sources:

- A card in play and under his or her control. This includes his or her investigator card.

- A scenario card that is in play and at the same location as the investigator. This includes the location itself, encounter cards placed at that location, and all encounter cards in the threat area of any investigator at that location.

- The current act or current agenda card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
MonkeyFight wrote:
No cited reference on the damage rule, but no reason to doubt it.

The arkhamdb faqs are (usually verbatim) answers and clarifications from the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tennessee Schaefer
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I learn something new about the rules that I have missed every time I play or visit the forums!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.