Subject: Scenario # 3 Questions (Spoilers?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize in advance for what are probably obvious questions, but I haven't been able to find the answers with 15 + mins of searching.

Things that came up during our play of the Inox Encampment:

1) Cragheart destroyed one of the totems which exposed an edge-to-edge tile section. Is this now a wall? It wouldn't make much sense thematically (unless the totem rubble now blocks movement/LOS), but RAW would seem to indicate so.

2) The spawning rules say that Guards continue to spawn until someone opens door 1. There's no explicit instructions that the spawning stops once the door is open, but am I correct in assuming that this is implied from the "until" keyword?

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1)open ground. There's no doors between the two 'rooms' so the intent is it to be a single large room. Best solution: place a clear overlay tile in the destroyed totem space.

2)yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
if you look closely at the map in the scenario book, the totems (as well as one of the nests, and a couple of the Inox Guards have a grey outline of their hex (in addition to their normal outline, i.e. the green obstacle outline for the totems).

1) This signifies that these tiles/enemies are to be placed on top of corridor tiles, specifically due to the fact that these corridor tiles cover the "walls" between the two map tiles, even if the Guards move or the totems are destroyed/moved

2) The whole purpose of including the "until door 1 is opened" is to signify that opening the door stops any further spawning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
if you look closely at the map in the scenario book, the totems (as well as one of the nests, and a couple of the Inox Guards have a grey outline of their hex (in addition to their normal outline, i.e. the green obstacle outline for the totems).

I'll be darned.... I never noticed that before. Thanks!

I wish the doors and overlay tiles were included in the list of specific tiles you'll need for the scenario. It would make setup even easier IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's often much easier to find things using Google rather than BGG's search function. Add "site:boardgamegeek.com" to your query to target the search.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nom_ wrote:
It's often much easier to find things using Google rather than BGG's search function. Add "site:boardgamegeek.com" to your query to target the search.

That's precisely what I did, but alas, to no benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.