Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim maher
Ireland
Dublin 16
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the base game there is no mayoral election at the end of the 3rd Era as it would have no impact on final scoring. When you add in the Industrial Leaders variant a no of the leaders have VP scoring during the election phase. As it happened in our game last night if mayoral elections had taken place after Era 3 then it would have resulted in a different final winner.

My question therefore is this. Was it a deliberate design feature to allow for those Industrial Leaders to only score vps during the first two eras or should the variant have included a 3rd Era Election phase.

Thanks in advance for clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You mention the ‘base game’; I never play that. I play the option where the city cubes are counted and only awarded as VPs to the ‘incoming’ mayor at the end of each turn. And we do an election at the end of turn 3. Improves play by making players work hard toward winning elections!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jopm wrote:
In the base game there is no mayoral election at the end of the 3rd Era as it would have no impact on final scoring. When you add in the Industrial Leaders variant a no of the leaders have VP scoring during the election phase. As it happened in our game last night if mayoral elections had taken place after Era 3 then it would have resulted in a different final winner.

My question therefore is this. Was it a deliberate design feature to allow for those Industrial Leaders to only score vps during the first two eras or should the variant have included a 3rd Era Election phase.

Thanks in advance for clarification

The two Industrial Leaders that deal with the Election phase were intended to only be used in the first two Eras in the base game. But, as Chris mentions above, the variant would allow those cards to be used in the third Era. The thought process behind the Councilman and Politician is that their ability is quite strong if played correctly. Those abilities are a bit easier to perform, as well. For example, there are significantly more cards that can build a Civic building than say a Hospital which ties into the Alderwoman leader card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim maher
Ireland
Dublin 16
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.