Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This potential idea came to me when I realized I was playing the Wasteland encounters wrong. I thought you could do them anywhere, but realized after a couple games that you have to be in places that have the Wasteland symbol on the map.

I'm was thinking of some sort of third encounter system where if you're on any non-Wasteland or Settlement spot, you can perform an encounter with the chance to find loot, gain caps, or maybe even find a clue to open up a random quest line.

My first thought was some sort of dice table (you'd need a die to add obviously). On some wide range of values, nothing happens, on a couple you encounter an enemy, and on certain die rolls you get something positive.

Something like:

1-10: Nothing
11-15: Encounter an enemy
16-17: 2 caps
18: 5 Caps
19: 1 Random Loot
20: Open a random quest

You'd have to figure out what cards were "start of quest" type cards to randomize.

Just a thought I had, and wondered if anyone else thought this had merit or would mess things up too much.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny enough I did this on my first playthrough as well. I imagine for me at least it came from my time with the video games where the Wasteland was everywhere, not in specific locations.

As for your home rule set, go for it! The game is not exactly "hard" unless you are unlucky with agenda cards, which I find as a terrible VP system anyway. My next play through will be without any Agenda cards in fact, and just playing for the story/experience. If this experience seems fun then go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.