Colin Nordstrom
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Board Games are Old School, I Be Old School
mbmbmbmbmb
I mainly play 2 player. Is this game worth getting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it 2p and found the overall gameplay uninspiring. Would probably be better with more. Dino Island (same designer) was MUCH better with 2p. And if the post-apoc theme is what you're after, 51st State Master Set hits it out of the park.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy the game at any number of players, but obviously, the more opponents that you have in a competitive game, the more interesting things can happen.

I will continue to play it at 2 players, for what it's worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Morris
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I've played it at 2 and 3p and enjoyed it at both player counts. There isn't a huge amount of player interaction so I didn't feel that there was anything lacking with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
Check me out on Instagram: @WisdomForWizards
badge
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
mbmbmbmbmb
My Wife and I enjoy it at two players, it doesn't really get very cut throat until the end as one or both players get close to finishing their final contract.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrej Kojic
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i enjoy it as a 2 player game because there is little down time. You are then always interacting. Also i didn't find resources to be very competitive with more players anyways. The only interaction that really changes is that the economy is slightly more erratic, but only by a slight margin. The game is more of a race than a competition for resources. board games for the most part are more fun with more people just because its a social experience, but wasteland scales well from 1-3 players in my personal experience. At 4 I find it becomes long winded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Nordstrom
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Board Games are Old School, I Be Old School
mbmbmbmbmb
How long is a 2p game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Esser
United States
Dubuque
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I learned the game 2 player. Once we got a couple turns in so we knew the flow, it went well with 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Laskowski
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played a couple times at 2,3,4 and once at 5. It's a good game at 2. Hardly any down time, especially once the rules become more familiar. Our 2 players are done in an hour or less. Depends on the contracts a bit, though no one ever does "the big dig" if they see it. It becomes long when you have 5 people with a couple of them being new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Miller
United States
Logan
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I like it at 2p. The market is more stable, which actually makes for a different dynamic IMHO. 3/4 players, you need to be more tactical and adaptive, 2p it's a race between two players and who has the better strategy wins.

I would definitely play with PVP variant and especially the variant with the teleporting raiders so that you can maximize interaction.

I have even been thinking about a "variant" where ending movement in irradiated spaces lets the players move all three raider trucks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rowe
United States
Yerington
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the irradiated spaces, don't you get to move all 3 trucks when you end there anyway? All three logos are there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bdrowe5828 wrote:
On the irradiated spaces, don't you get to move all 3 trucks when you end there anyway? All three logos are there?

Nope. You can choose one of the raider trucks to move.

You can check this link for the official clarification (the second poster works for Pandasaurus).

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1829147/rad-zone-and-raider...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.