Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a new Player's Guide article from ETO designer Frank Chadwick about the design and evolution of the Air Systems in THUNDER IN THE EAST -- how these Air units and their interactions emerged as one of the most popular features in the game among playtesters.

https://www.victorypointgames.com/news/eto-plane-truth/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So looking forward to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The more that I see, the more I love. Especially the inclusion of air sortie Rate. Such a huge distinction between what your air wings look like on paper and what can actually be fielded to fight at any given time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The more that I see, the more I love. Especially the inclusion of air sortie Rate. Such a huge distinction between what your air wings look like on paper and what can actually be fielded to fight at any given time

And it really plays smooth and elegant in the game's mechanics. You see it every Clear weather turn when the Soviets are only recovering half of their Flown Air units (because of their poor maintenance and sortie rate) while the Axis are recovering them all! Of course, during inclement weather, matters are even as both sides only recover half their Flown Air units (representing the drop in sortie rate under such conditions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.