Brandan Haines
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe it is possible [however super unlikely], via artifact card effects (trading/swapping) to wind up with both leaders. I can't find anything in the rulebook that accounts for this possibility. Am I missing/messing something up here on artifacts that cause you to trade cards, or is this indeed possible? If it does happen, what happens/what are the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Yanyo
United States
Evansville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is on page 8 of the rulebook (Winning the Game)

Quote:
The game can end in 3 ways:
• A player with an exposed Leader Recruit is shot.
If a Wastelander shot them, the Wastelander team wins.
Otherwise, if the Subterran Leader is shot, the Euphorian team wins and if the Euphorian Leader is shot, the Subterran team wins.
• A Wastelander is given a Leader Recruit through an Artifact effect. That Wastelander wins alone.
• A player has both the Euphorian Leader and the Subterran Leader, regardless of whether they are hidden or exposed. That player
wins alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have in fact seen this happen. Someone swapped a card of mine that he thought was a Euphorian follower over to the player who had the revealed Subterran leader: he hoped this would swap my team. Unfortunately for him, the card was not a Euphorian follower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Haines
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Ethan! Guess I just missed that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Henk
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
It's not your fault at all, Brandan. This thread made us realize that the answer to your question is extremely hard to find after you read through the rules once because it's under the "Winning the Game" header, which is the answer to the question. But if you don't know that you win the game when you get both leaders, you would never know to look under that header.

Rulebook writing is so hard! We've already talked internally about how to avoid this problem in future rulebooks. Thanks for asking this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.