Hide
5 Posts

Pandemic: Contagion» Forums » Rules

Subject: What happens when 1 player eradicates a city by themselves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Calhoun
msg tools
Do they receive both the 1st & 2nd player totals? Or would the bottom score simply not be awarded to anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bottom score is not awarded to anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the wording in your question is confusing me. There are actually 3 scores on each card. Unless I missed something, if you Eradicate a city by yourself, you score the top number but that's it. The second and third scores go unawarded.

Still, if you manage to do this, it would be a huge missed opportunity for the other players...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Calhoun
msg tools
Okay yeah we played that wrong, we thought that the top score was the number needed to eradicate. Then other 2 were the scores 1st & 2nd place receive.

So if I understand correctly the points are awarded 1st-3rd.

The situation happened at the end of the game with only 3 cities left. Only 1 player was situated in the city with no one else able to get in. That player ended up filling the final spots on their last turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcalhoun wrote:
Okay yeah we played that wrong, we thought that the top score was the number needed to eradicate. Then other 2 were the scores 1st & 2nd place receive.

So if I understand correctly the points are awarded 1st-3rd.

The situation happened at the end of the game with only 3 cities left. Only 1 player was situated in the city with no one else able to get in. That player ended up filling the final spots on their last turn.

For whatever reason it took me several plays to get all of the rules right (at least I think I know them now...) but yeah, the top number is the City's Population to meet for it to be Eradicated but also it is the 1st place score. The 3rd place score is the one used for Death Toll scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.