Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reaper Steve
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question, which some may consider a spoiler, so please click below at your discretion if you think you can help!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The action on this card doesn't specify a location requirement. However, the fluff of the card (and the whole scenario, for that matter) leads me to think that this action can only be performed if you are at the Ritual Site location. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules do allow you to take the action from any location. Note though that at least one investigator must have entered that location in order to get to that Act, and at least half the clues you need will have to come from that location, so it's not a major balance issue in allowing the action to be taken elsewhere. Thematically, just assume the whole Woods are part and parcel of the summoning ritual, and clues are information about how to disrupt it, but putting them on the card is the actual act of disruption.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be sure I got it:
at the cost of an action you spend one clue(which is placed back in the reserve) and then do the skill test. If succesful, you place one clue on Act 3a. Does this clue must be taken from one on your investigator or do you take it from the reserve?

Sorry if the terms I have used are not the one in the english version because I got the french edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The clue that goes on the Act card is from the reserve - so it costs you one clue to put a clue on the Act, but if you fail the test you've still lost your clue and nothing goes on the Act.

By the way, both these questions are already answered on the card's page on arkhamdb.com ([url]https://arkhamdb.com/card/01148 [/url]) Obviously this isn't to discourage you from asking questions on here, but it's a useful source for quick answers to questions that come up mid-game so I thought I'd share!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
By the way, both these questions are already answered on the card's page on arkhamdb.com ([url]https://arkhamdb.com/card/01148 [/url]) Obviously this isn't to discourage you from asking questions on here, but it's a useful source for quick answers to questions that come up mid-game so I thought I'd share!

Just posting to say this is exactly how I like to see posts like this! I'm so tired of the people who post about how the information exists somewhere, they should have looked for it before posting. Really refreshing to see a genuinely kind response to someone's question that also incorporated directing them to a place where they can get future information!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaper Steve
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:

I appreciate the reference to arkhamdb (and the way in which you provided the reference)! I just started using that site for deck building; I didn't know that it provided answers as well.

FWIW, I did search these forums before posting my questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, ArkhamDb contains answers to FAQs about cards too. They're reasonably authoritative too; typically, I think, they're responses from the designers.

And don't worry, we all know Board Game Geek's search isn't always the most precise/easy to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.