Jonathan O'Toole
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
All I need is 1 more boardgame...always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloomhaven is now available for pre-order direct from Amazon for $136.48. Listed release date is 1/19/2018. It comes with pre-order price guarantee.

I know many will consider this to not be a hot deal due to price, and fact that this is a pre-order and not an amazing price for such. However I know many people have been unable to pre-order at all or for very high prices recently. If this offends you please commence ad hominem attack responses below. arrrh

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZXVN4P/ref=oh_aui_de...

As if it's needed: Gloomhaven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
Re: [AMAZON] - Gloomhaven Pre-order Available Direct from Amazon - $136.48 Free Shipping - Pre-order Price Guarentee
Pre-order availability is not a hot deal. Pistols at dawn, scalawag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Ebert
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [AMAZON] - Gloomhaven Pre-order Available Direct from Amazon - $136.48 Free Shipping - Pre-order Price Guarentee
Not a hawt deal. You just ruined my entire day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike A
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
How is the Removable Sticker Pack? Would this remove the legacy aspect from the game? Thanks! Pre-ordered either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Nelson
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
11/10 Would buy again at an additional cost. I just threw my current version and campaign in the trash and preordered this one instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lambert
United States
Nitro
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Let's Go Mountaineers!! (WVU)
badge
Wargames?!?!? ....more like snore-games
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm torn on this. I almost bought it from the geek market for $250 last week and talked myself out of it.

Is this the price it will settle at once more copies get printed? If this is a good price especially with free prime shipping, then I'm going to jump on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lencioni
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lambert854 wrote:
I'm torn on this. I almost bought it from the geek market for $250 last week and talked myself out of it.

Is this the price it will settle at once more copies get printed? If this is a good price especially with free prime shipping, then I'm going to jump on it.

Its hard to predict where the price will go. Its very possible it will settle around $100 if you wait long enough that seems to be where TI4 is gonna land
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter - Bits77
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lambert854 wrote:

Well, the market will decide. 1E KS was $79 w/minis and shipping to certain regions was free. 2E KS was $99 and shipping to certain regions was free. Presumably there are more middle men involved now.

I am wondering if Gloomhaven will eventually settle in next to Ogre Designer's Edition as things so big and heavy they killed their own secondary markets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Davitt
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
lambert854 wrote:

Per Isaac himself, MSRP is $140. Check his blog post below and do a search for "MSRP" and you'll see his comment to that effect. It was posted 12/6/2017 so I feel it's safe to assume that hasn't changed since then.

http://www.cephalofair.com/2017/12/whats-happening-gloomhave...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lambert
United States
Nitro
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ursos wrote:
lambert854 wrote:

Per Isaac himself, MSRP is $140. Check his blog post below and do a search for "MSRP" and you'll see his comment to that effect. It was posted 12/6/2017 so I feel it's safe to assume that hasn't changed since then.

I pulled the trigger. I can tell myself that at least it's not $250-$275 that I was going to pay last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Davitt
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
lambert854 wrote:
Ursos wrote:
lambert854 wrote:

I pulled the trigger. I can tell myself that at least it's not $250-$275 that I was going to pay last week.

You can spend the difference on a storage solution, a big strong table to fit this beast, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan O'Toole
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ProgenitorX wrote:
How is the Removable Sticker Pack? Would this remove the legacy aspect from the game? Thanks! Pre-ordered either way.

"This pack contains a replacement for every map, achievement, and enhancement sticker in the core game, and also includes replacement seals for character boxes, secret envelopes, and the town records book."

Also there are a couple copies of the removable sticker pack available from Cardhaus for $7.99: http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/gloomhaven_remov...

Should be cheaper than Amazon even with shipping cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
Ursos wrote:
lambert854 wrote:

Which means that expected OLGS pricing, once it's fully in stock, will be around $100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lambert
United States
Nitro
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ursos wrote:
You can spend the difference on a storage solution, a big strong table to fit this beast, etc...

My copy of Imperial Assault arrives tomorrow. I'm sure FFG will get the left overs. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Mann
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ProgenitorX wrote:

THe stickers are great, just remember they are removable, not reusable. Also, they come in a folder where you can log campaign notes/status without marking your base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan O'Toole
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Which means that expected OLGS pricing, once it's fully in stock, will be around $100.

CSI typically doesn't do below 28% off MSRP which puts it at ~$101. CH and MM do typically up to 33% off which could put it as low as ~$94 So that sounds about right.

Though... MM has their price for pre-order listed at $80.40 (with no stock for pre-order of course.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be patient. The creator has said that they printed enough this time that they shouldn't run out for the foreseeable future.

Without any map in place and with a huge supply of games there should be some discounts appear after a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan O'Toole
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
I'd be patient. The creator has said that they printed enough this time that they shouldn't run out for the foreseeable future.

Without any map in place and with a huge supply of games there should be some discounts appear after a while.

If this were the case, wouldn't most OLGS have ordered more supply from distributors so they could continue to offer pre-orders? I have to admit I don't know how the distribution system works in these cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lo
United States
West Memphis
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks legit. I wonder will the shipping via amazon be much better than the 1st print run since there were some damaged/delayed shipment by amazon that Cephalofair didn't want Amazon shipping them on the 2nd print run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lencioni
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stridix wrote:
Looks legit. I wonder will the shipping via amazon be much better than the 1st print run since there were so some damaged/delayed shipment by amazon that Cephalofair didn't want Amazon shipping them on the 2nd print run?

I mean amazon shipping is always hit or miss. From what I can see from my orders most are actually damaged in the warehouse not during shipping. At least I have never had an issue with amazon replacing damaged boxes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain J.B. Coldyron
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Packaging may reveal contents. Choose Conceal Package at checkout.

Make sure to conceal package at checkout, otherwise Amazon might just slap a sticker right on the box. I've never experienced this, but I believe others have posted about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lencioni
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cyberserker wrote:
Quote:

Make sure to conceal package at checkout, otherwise Amazon might just slap a sticker right on the box. I've never experienced this, but I believe others have posted about it.

Pro tip, Never thought they would do that but I guess the box is just that big!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Yungwirth
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a "stower" at Amazon my muscles aren't ready to shift tons of Gloomhaven....please, don't order cryshakewhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter - Bits77
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cyberserker wrote:
Quote:

Considering Amazon's habit of shipping me tiny things in YUGE boxes, I find this ironic. Perhaps I should expect Amazon to put a small box inside large items.

I, too, have heard of people shipping games in their own boxes. Haven't experienced that .... shoddy packing a few times, but never no packing

And I hear Tanga sometimes ships games in plastic bags???

Picturing Gloomhaven in a plastic shopping nag .... heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Piotrowski
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely specify "ship in amazon shipping box". A while back I chose "convenience shipping" and received my copy of Eldritch Horror sitting on my front door step, no packing! The box was fine, but I was a bit surprised when I got home. Just sitting there... out in the open... by itself... alone... naked...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.