Santorini» Forums » Rules

Subject: Silly question. building. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I probably missed this in the rulebook, but I assume you cannot build in a space where there is a worker?

In this case, how do you stop Pan from winning by jumping off the building?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phaseshifter wrote:
I probably missed this in the rulebook, but I assume you cannot build in a space where there is a worker?

In this case, how do you stop Pan from winning by jumping off the building?
Pan is one of those opponents that makes you completely change your strategy. You need to keep track a lot closer of what your opponent is doing, and when you see them create a 2-stack that they could then reach, you need to have one of your workers ready to swoop in and place a third level (and then a cap once that space becomes accessible) onto that space so that Pan can't just walk up and then divebomb for the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that Pan player needs to jump to the ground specifically, so placing level 1 buildings starts to limit their options for where to drop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:
My understanding is that Pan player needs to jump to the ground specifically, so placing level 1 buildings starts to limit their options for where to drop.
Pan needs to jump down 2 levels. At first that might seem the same as jumping from level 2 to ground, but jumping from level 3 to 1 also works.
Of course to be at level 3 without winning another god power needs to place the worker there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Rivest
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I find that building lvl 1 isn't a good strat against pan as he will get lvl 2 access more easily. As said before here, just cap of lvl 2 and don't forget to add pressure by going up yourself to distract pan from playing for the win. As the game goes on, pan becomes less of a threat and you should be able to get a win with your god power that should give ya an advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually hate very specific solutions to general questions ("use card x and card y, roll 9+ on two dice and spend all your green cubes - that will solve your problem"), but in this instance I find Apollo and Athena both perfect counters for Pan.

But generically it's about stopping your opponent from having access to Level 2s, or distracting them with what you're doing. Practice a few different strategies to find good counters to any of the 'overpowered' Gods (about 23 thereof, by my count).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.