Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
(This question is about the rulebook in general, and not about any specific rule(s). I hope posting it in the GENERAL forums is okay. If not, I will switch it to the RULES forum).

I got a fantastic price on a 1st edition MK + a LL expansion in shrink. I have researched the steps I might (or might not) wish to take regarding component "issues".

My question is about the rulebook itself. How necessary is it to download a copy of the new rules? Have rules changed? Are the updated rules merely a re-organization? I don't mind downloading/printing out the new rules since I got such a great price, but if I could get by without doing that...

Thanks. I will also accept any other advice regarding the different editions. I can't wait to get into the game. It's been on my "I WANT TO BUY IT BUT I'LL NEVER PLAY IT" list forever. But I've recently expanded into solo boardgaming, and I'm to understand this game is without peer in that arena.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
First printing rulebook is fine. Very minor changes: New english rulebook available on wizkids
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the major change was adding a table of contents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen Glenn wrote:

Thanks. I will also accept any other advice regarding the different editions. I can't wait to get into the game. It's been on my "I WANT TO BUY IT BUT I'LL NEVER PLAY IT" list forever. But I've recently expanded into solo boardgaming, and I'm to understand this game is without peer in that arena.

The game is pretty damn dense to get into, but I can tell you one thing about Mage Knight: It is one of the most rewarding gaming experiences I have ever had even though I have only played it a couple times. There is nothing in the game that I felt was unnecessary. I want to play it again, but I know it will take a ton of will power to get through the rules again.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.