Popular Tags: [View All]
Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went all out and got everything I could for this game and am pretty happy overall; however, one of my character cards came damaged and I have contacted the publisher weeks ago with no response. I understand that there might be a delay because of the time of year, but was wondering if it is more than that and if others are having problems as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bobson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to a new-hire a few days ago:

Quote:
I am so sorry it's taken so long to respond to your question about the Crossfire reprint. Catalyst had gone through some system changes last year, and unfortunately, it created service issues for many months. The situation left the team baffled about the scope, causes and solutions. I have recently been brought on to assist with the backlog of service issues, so here I am . . . finally!

Most likely it's just stuck in a backlog of requests and will be fixed before too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Austin. Who did you email? I am missing some components and wondering if I sent to the proper channel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to the Catalyst Gamelabs site and emailed the customer service email, don't remember what it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lionel
Spain
Alicante
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their customer service has been nonexistent for a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sopota wrote:

I'm hoping that they just take a while in responding rather than never responding in which case I will have to ban them over something which is more or less trivial, but nonetheless so as there are plenty of companies that support their products. I guess I will wait and see and try contacting them again within a month if I don't get a response by then. I figure that should be more than enough time to get caught up on any backlog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Dickens II
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent them an email on Christmas and have not heard back yet. I figure there is a backlog with the holidays but I'd like to know if my damaged cards will be replaced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted customer service via email before the holidays and got a helpful response, but I was advised my issue wouldn’t be resolved until after the holidays.

I’d recommend giving them a little time to catch up post holidays. They’re a small company and are likely a bit overwhelmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daskindt wrote:
I contacted customer service via email before the holidays and got a helpful response, but I was advised my issue wouldn’t be resolved until after the holidays.

I’d recommend giving them a little time to catch up post holidays. They’re a small company and are likely a bit overwhelmed.

I've waited a little under a year for Wizkids to resolve an issue I had. I'm fine with waiting if need be, I just want to know that the company that I support in the end supports me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pink Rose
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a reply the next day with regards to a damaged treasure card I received in a pack.
That was before Christmas though.
Haven't got the replacement card yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sick and tired of people saying "it is a small company"! I have a small business. By that I mean 4 people and we have over 2500 customers and each has dozens of users. Our job #1 every day is dealing with customer support, every day.

I have a friend who helps a small game publisher with replacements. They send him misprinted or damaged game and he sends out replacements to customers. He is compensated for shipping expenses but is paid in games.

It really bothers me when I keep seeing customers support issues from Catalyst Game, Eagle Griffin Games, and others. Small or big running a business is about solving problems every day. Please make customer support a priority because customers are your income!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far two weeks out and no response. I wish there was a number I could call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
Masouras wrote:
I am sick and tired of people saying "it is a small company"! I have a small business. By that I mean 4 people and we have over 2500 customers and each has dozens of users. Our job #1 every day is dealing with customer support, every day.

But in this example isn't Catalyst Game Labs the large company (yours), their 2500 "customers" are retail and online stores, and their "users" are us? Not a perfect simile since you are advocating the people in this thread to ACTUALLY reach out to the stores they bought the game from, not Catalyst themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am missing a card from Encounters: Bravest Warriors and e-mailed them repeatedly for about a year before giving up. I'm missing the Blue Slaad card from this game and e-mailed them several weeks ago and have heard doodly and squat. Their customer service is terrible in my book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshuaaaaaa wrote:
I am missing a card from Encounters: Bravest Warriors and e-mailed them repeatedly for about a year before giving up. I'm missing the Blue Slaad card from this game and e-mailed them several weeks ago and have heard doodly and squat. Their customer service is terrible in my book.

This is not good to hear. As there are plenty of games to be bought and played, I'm not beyond banning a publisher for poor customer service. If I feel it is something major enough, I could even make it a mission to make as much online ruckus as possible.

Rather than get upset, I've tried emailing again, but to a different email address. I believe that they do want to help, it is just a matter of contacting the right person...

store@catalystgamelabs.com is the email I just sent to.
randall@catalystgamelabs.com is the one I tried weeks ago with no response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Shanowitz
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
If I feel it is something major enough, I could even make it a mission to make as much online ruckus as possible.

This seems warranted when it comes to Catalyst.

Looking at the Catalyst forums on BGG (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepublisher/7383/catalyst-g...) there are several reports of poor customer service and even a call to fire one of their employees for being inappropriate at a convention. Their Facebook page also has several complaints of unresponsiveness. I've heard two unrelated gaming podcasts where people recounted going to demo Dragonfire at a convention and the person running the game was condescending and didn't seem at all interested in dealing with the public.

My own experience is that I emailed them about an issue months ago and didn't get a response even after some follow-up emails. I eventually emailed some different people who were listed on the Catalyst website who gave me the runaround, leading to no resolution.

My interpretation from all of the above is that Catalyst is a boys' club that not only doesn't care about its customers, but can be openly hostile toward them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theaaron wrote:
bbblasterfire wrote:
If I feel it is something major enough, I could even make it a mission to make as much online ruckus as possible.

This seems warranted when it comes to Catalyst.

Looking at the Catalyst forums on BGG (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepublisher/7383/catalyst-g...) there are several reports of poor customer service and even a call to fire one of their employees for being inappropriate at a convention. Their Facebook page also has several complaints of unresponsiveness. I've heard two unrelated gaming podcasts where people recounted going to demo Dragonfire at a convention and the person running the game was condescending and didn't seem at all interested in dealing with the public.

My own experience is that I emailed them about an issue months ago and didn't get a response even after some follow-up emails. I eventually emailed some different people who were listed on the Catalyst website who gave me the runaround, leading to no resolution.

My interpretation from all of the above is that Catalyst is a boys' club that not only doesn't care about its customers, but can be openly hostile toward them.

We as the members of the board gaming community can edit their publishers page and board game pages. It might be warranted to put in CAPS that they don't provide customer service to warn potential customers.

I'm going to give them some more time to respond, but might do so if I don't hear from them.

It doesn't seem right that anyone can operate in this day in age without providing basic customer support for defective, damaged, or missing components.

I'm sure if the negative publicity gets bad enough and starts to affect sales, they will make amends.

Perhaps I'm being naive, but I'm going to believe that they want to make things right. I'll wait and see.

Edit:
It looks as if patience paid off. They responded today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:

Edit:
It looks as if patience paid off. They responded today!

From which e-mail address? My request was sent to the randall address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that e-mail address didn't work for me either. I believe it was store@catalystgamelabs.com

They wrote that they don't have replacements at the moment, but that they would mail it out as soon as they were able. While it doesn't immediately resolve my problem, it was a positive response nonetheless which is fine by me. I will patiently wait at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
Yeah, that e-mail address didn't work for me either. I believe it was store@catalystgamelabs.com

They wrote that they don't have replacements at the moment, but that they would mail it out as soon as they were able. While it doesn't immediately resolve my problem, it was a positive response nonetheless which is fine by me. I will patiently wait at this point.

Well, thanks to the spreadsheet, I know what card is missing (Blue Slaad) and I just put in a blue card from another deck and if it comes up, I treat it as the Blue Slaad. It's inconvenient and annoying, and at least (for a change) I'm playing with a full deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor H
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
The pages for my quick reference guide chopped an inch off the side, making it so I can't read the paragraphs that border the edge of the page. I contacted them around Christmas time (assuming they wouldn't respond for a while), haven't heard back yet.

It's not a big issue, and I probably won't even bother following up with them if I hear no response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hypersapien wrote:
The pages for my quick reference guide chopped an inch off the side, making it so I can't read the paragraphs that border the edge of the page. I contacted them around Christmas time (assuming they wouldn't respond for a while), haven't heard back yet.

It's not a big issue, and I probably won't even bother following up with them if I hear no response.

Is the item that got misprinted available here:

http://dragonfirethegame.com/download/

??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Waschinski
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait? There is a second adventure card supposed to be in the box?

Seems like I am not only missing one of the class tokens but also an adventure card if that’s the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Convento
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Sopota wrote:

I would agree with this. I emailed them a couple times a couple years back for a damaged Crossfire card for Shadowrun: Crossfire. I think I got an initial email that they would get back to me on a replacement but I never received anything and follow up emails received no replies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Naitakal wrote:
Wait? There is a second adventure card supposed to be in the box?

Seems like I am not only missing one of the class tokens but also an adventure card if that’s the case.

No. They provided a digital copy of the second adventure card on their site that you can download and print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.