Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Elder Sign: Omens of the Pharaoh» Forums » News

Subject: Hidden Chambers and Lost Knowledge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/2/hidden-c...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We now have confirmation on four of the investigators in the expansion (with Agatha Crane expected (edit: and Sefina Rousseau and Daniela Reyes) to round out the count.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this, looks intriguing. But I’m a little surprised to see that Father Mateo will be useless if playing in “Museum mode” (unless you have Unseen Forces). Are there other investigators (from other expansions) who are useless in other modes?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
We now have confirmation on four of the investigators in the expansion (with Agatha Crane expected to round them out as the fifth and final)


There will be no more investigators ever?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
We now have confirmation on four of the investigators in the expansion (with Agatha Crane expected to round them out as the fifth and final)


There will be no more investigators ever?


I meant the last for this expansion. We are expecting five. In the future? Who knows. I believe that Elder Sign and Eldritch Horror are the only games in the line to make use of all 55 known investigators.

But FFG seems willing to introduce new investigators when needed, and if there are more expansions for either game, more new investigators are likely.

If so, the new batch will probably pop up in EH first. If we see a new wave there, expect Elder Sign to incorporate them. Especially if there's another digital expansion for Elder Sign Omens.

EDIT: Oops also Sefina Rousseau and Daniela Reyes expected in this one. THAT will bring us up to 55.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
riboAWEsome wrote:
Thanks for posting this, looks intriguing. But I’m a little surprised to see that Father Mateo will be useless if playing in “Museum mode” (unless you have Unseen Forces). Are there other investigators (from other expansions) who are useless in other modes?


Hmm that's an interesting point! But to be fair, how many people who own Omens of the Pharaoh will be playing Elder Sign completely vanilla? Even Unseen Forces has entry effects, and I don't think I would ever be playing museum mode without it.

If nothing else you could houserule him a new ability. How about this?

Fear No Evil. Once per adventure, Father Mateo can ignore terror effects.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel T.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really - really like the new mechanics that they put in this expansions.
The expedition card with the expedition tokens gives more strategy to the gameplay. Also it's really nice that we can travel between Cairo and Dashur, so when we need more supplies we can just do some easier tasks to gain common items etc.
The Hidden Chamber special adventures are also very nice, I really like that you have to unlock it before you resolve it.
I really like all the expansions, but so far this one seems it's really my cup-of-tea.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Perignon wrote:
I really - really like the new mechanics that they put in this expansions.
The expedition card with the expedition tokens gives more strategy to the gameplay. Also it's really nice that we can travel between Cairo and Dashur, so when we need more supplies we can just do some easier tasks to gain common items etc.
The Hidden Chamber special adventures are also very nice, I really like that you have to unlock it before you resolve it.
I really like all the expansions, but so far this one seems it's really my cup-of-tea.


I think so too. I got the Dark Pharaoh expansion some time back for Elder Sign Omens and it's very fun and challenging (Even though I usual!y wipe out in the last stage) so if this is as fun as that, I'm sold.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hmm that's an interesting point! But to be fair, how many people who own Omens of the Pharaoh will be playing Elder Sign completely vanilla? Even Unseen Forces has entry effects, and I don't think I would ever be playing museum mode without it.

That is very true! But i just found it interesting. Not a big deal of course.

Quote:

If nothing else you could houserule him a new ability. How about this?

Fear No Evil. Once per adventure, Father Mateo can ignore terror effects.

I quite like that, and it would feel thematic as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sylas vlad venare
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
Fear No Evil. Once per adventure, Father Mateo can ignore terror effects.


Kate Winthrop from the base game can already do this, and more unfortunately.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.