BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Bitch-slapping and the art of Alt-Right Politics (Bannon v Trump) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Bannon says in his new book the Trump Tower meeting with the Russian lawyer was "treason." Trump says Bannon has lost his mind. I'm thinking -- "they're both right."

Bannon's book:
http://us.cnn.com/2018/01/03/politics/bannon-wolff-fire-and-...

Teh Donald responds:
http://us.cnn.com/2018/01/03/politics/president-donald-trump...

If this wasn't so goddamn serious, it would be perfect for a new reality TV show. Unfortunately, it is goddamn serious we have a 13-year-old in the Oval Office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bitching slapping and the art of Alt-Right Politics (Bannon v Trump)
"Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating 17 candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party," Trump said in the statement.

The above from the article (Trumps response). Laughs, this guy can't go a single day without tooting his own horn. Not sure who is referring to that bunch of candidates as the most talented field ever assembled, other than Trump.

His need to strike back at even the pettiest criticism is downright scary, especially given the fact that he might do that with the red button some day soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Bannon says in his new book the Trump Tower meeting with the Russian lawyer was "treason." Trump says Bannon has lost his mind. I'm thinking -- "they're both right."

Bannon's book:

Teh Donald responds:

If this wasn't so goddamn serious, it would be perfect for a new reality TV show. Unfortunately, it is goddamn serious we have a 13-year-old in the Oval Office.

An article on this is #1 on the Breitbart front page. The comments on both sides are pure gold. As are the comments from the liberal interlopers as well.

(note: nope, not going to link to that site our of respect to this fine website)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very legal & very cool
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why I don't get TOO worried about a putative takeover. Sure these guys would love to do it, but they're apparently not smart or organized enough to buckle a seatbelt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Bannon's book:

Teh Donald responds:

An article on this is #1 on the Breitbart front page. The comments on both sides are pure gold. As are the comments from the liberal interlopers as well.

(note: nope, not going to link to that site our of respect to this fine website)

Went to Breitbart for the first time in my life... I'm speechless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Bannon's book:

Teh Donald responds:

I'm picturing the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Don't look! Don't open your eyes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Bannon's book:

Teh Donald responds:

I'm picturing the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Don't look! Don't open your eyes!

Yes, the blatant spin, exaggeration, hyperbole, confirmation bias and hypocrisy is enough to melt your eyeballs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Bannon's book:

Teh Donald responds:

Quote:
Jared and Ivanka are far-left America-hating demoKKKrats. They should be placed as far away from the President as possible.

Quote:
Bannons views are no longer inline with MAGA voters will he be leaving or is he going to stay here and continue to schit on conservatives and our President?

Quote:
how much they give bannon to betray? 30 pieces....?

Quote:
the Mooch was right about Bannon

It is really to much fun to miss though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lions eat their own I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
"The Moron Civil War" is comedy gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Lions eat their own I guess.

This does seem to have the potential of getting rather ugly

Quote:
West Virginia Rep. Evan Jenkins (R) is calling on his primary challenger to renounce his support from former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon after the Breitbart News chief was quoted in a book attacking President Trump and his son, Donald Trump Jr.

Jenkins on Wednesday called on Patrick Morrisey (R) to "renounce" Bannon's support for his campaign. Bannon backed Morrisey's primary campaign last June.

"After Steve Bannon's vicious attacks on President Trump and his family, Patrick Morrisey should immediately disavow Bannon's support," Jenkins said in his statement.

"If he refuses, West Virginians will know that what President Trump said of Bannon today is also true of Morrisey: 'he is only in it for himself,'" Jenkins added.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/367286-wv-rep-calls-on-...

Let's all cross our fingers shall we?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who do I side with here?!?!?! The SA or the SS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the poster of Donald Trump bragging about how he hires the best people, followed by all of the statements about how people he hired are terrible, liars, insane, etc.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I always wondered what might have happened if Gandalf hadn't stepped in...seemed to me that letting Isengard and Morder fight was a win for the Free Peoples!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very legal & very cool
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
dkearns wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Bannon's book:

Teh Donald responds:

Quote:
Jared and Ivanka are far-left America-hating demoKKKrats. They should be placed as far away from the President as possible.

Quote:
Bannons views are no longer inline with MAGA voters will he be leaving or is he going to stay here and continue to schit on conservatives and our President?

Quote:
how much they give bannon to betray? 30 pieces....?

Quote:
the Mooch was right about Bannon

It is really to much fun to miss though

The only sad thing is that the comments are still literally coming in faster than anyone could possibly read them - I click show new, read 10 new comments and 30 more have come in. I just want to drink in ALL their sweet cognitive dissonance.

Here's a good one from like 3 minutes ago, alleging that Bannon is still on Team Trump

Quote:
Bannon remarked mockingly: “The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor – with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers."

So Bannon is bashing the 3 senior guys in the campaign. I believe that would be Kushner, Don Jr and Preibus and we all know Preibus was always a shill for Paul Ryan and the Democrats.

Kushner is a shill for Soros and Donnie is an IDIOT.

So Bannon is outing the people that are there to betray Trump

I'm pretty sure the only possible connection between Kushner and Soros is through the Global Jewish Conspiracy, so that pretty much tells you what level Breitbart is on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Discussing this on potus 124 sirius right now.

Apparently reince priebus' nickname for Trump in private discussions with other staff while priebus was chief of staff was "idiot."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:

One of the more whimsical comments on Breitbart says its like choosing between Gonorrhea and Syphilis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
einsteinidahosu wrote:

One of the more whimsical comments on Breitbart says its like choosing between Gonorrhea and Syphilis

wrote:
"Oh that's too bad. I liked both men, but this kind of makes me hate Trump. Oh well, he's still better than Hillary, Romney, Bernie, Jeb or Rubio."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Lineal
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Nope. Nope nope nope nope.
mb
I can only hope that Armando Iannucci (the guy behind The Thick of It) does a show on Trump's White House some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
viclineal wrote:
I can only hope that Armando Iannucci (the guy behind The Thick of It) does a show on Trump's White House some day.

It is hard to parody what is already a parody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Lineal
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Nope. Nope nope nope nope.
mb
domus_ludorum wrote:
viclineal wrote:

It is hard to parody what is already a parody.

Maybe a docudrama is in order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/opinions/steve-bannon-may-just...

Interesting op-ed that seems to think that, set aside all the bluster and insults in the media, Bannon has it right. That essentially the case against the President and his cronies is one of money laundering at its core. And he believes that the Mueller team is wise to pursue this angle on Trump. He also believes Trump Jr. and Kushner will be "rolled up" to pursue Trump.

There is no lack of documentation in Trumps past that shows he has been involved with Russians, either directly or indirectly in land/development deals. And much of that may involve money laundering.

Mueller has been given a wide mandate to pursue anything that arises out of his investigation of Russian collusion/interference in our election. Trump winning the presidency has opened him up to scrutiny of his (and his cronies) finances, and preliminary indications (via the Manafort and Flynn indictments) are that those finances are not clean. I STRONGLY suspect that, as Mueller continues, he will discover improprieties, and perhaps illegalities, in all of their finances. The only question is how long will it be, before Trump attempts to put an end to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest on the book front

Quote:
Trump lawyer demands a halt to publication of tell-all book, 'Fire and Fury,' seeks full retraction and apology

A lawyer for President Donald Trump demanded on Thursday that the author and publisher of an explosive new book about the White House stop releasing material and retract and apologize for excerpts already published.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/04/trump-lawyer-demands-a-retra...

Ah the good old days when Presidents actually understood the first amendment. Stay tuned for this question being placed before one of the village idiots Trump stuffed in the judiciary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.