Subject: App companion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Tremblay
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey guys

Got my hands on the deluxe bundle and I'd like to build an app companion for this game.

I've tried a test session for 2 players and the mecanic felt alright for a 2 player game, max 3, for the sake of time constraint.

Thematically, I'll add a stage selection with music theme for stage and boss fights.

Scenario 1, I could add:
- the mecanics of each cards (you push the button on which card you picked)
- the dices (you hit Roll button)
- select boss powers etc etc.
All of which could make the game play almost simultaneously.... but all players would have their nose on a screen and have only minis and cards to keep track on the board.

Scenario 2, a simple timer to execute your turn, and have a timer for others to add willy cards, which would keep everyone on the edge of their seat.

I'm all hears for community suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First scenario sounds good to me. There's so many dice to keep track of, it'd be much nicer to have them be virtual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Tremblay
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've waited a bit to see if there was any other voices... but all right, first scenario it is.

- Board game and characters serving as tracker
- Willy Cards from opponent will either be picked or randomly selected by the app, time out 30 seconds
- 10 virtual dices for threat (why is there 12 dices? I haven't found any powers that would increase threat)
- All cards stats, powers and challenges are going to be compiled in the app... will act upon card being played.

Misc:
- There will be a stage selection and boss stages with music picked from Megaman PoweredUp.
- I will make a 30 seconds recharge rate on energy tokens (acting as a time penalty on the race to finish and still faster than waiting your turn on a 6 players game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Tremblay
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just did a pre-release.

First release is designed for Scenario 2 in mind since it was the fastest way to produce something tangible as a first and needed step.

Full virtualization is in development (scenario 1) and may take some time.

Access: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nmVv2szFs8r9Vo0dPyJxUHlnCV...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Misner
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
This is great! What sort of progress has been made?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Tremblay
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Sean

I've completed the whole Scenario 2 with expension. You got the stage selection with music, willy stage, robot master and challenge combat with timer for each round with music theme for all stages, boss fights and end game.

In the works: Scenario 1, which is the virtualization of the whole game and all it's components, with some room for card play and miniatures as markers to keep a boardgame feel.

I've been waiting for a bit more love and interest from the community to pursue development of the virtualization as it's kind of a huge investment in time (and some money). But a lot has been done so far...

If you don't feel like installing the game directly on PC, it's possible to do a test drive here online (mobile won't work and link may disappear/change eventually): http://proelitemarketer.com/projets/megaman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.