Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: broken achievement in app? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would appear that the achievement in chapter 13, mission 4 on hard mode is broken. Either that, or I'm not quite understanding what needs to be done. It seems rather straightforward, though, so I'm inclined to think there's something wrong with it.

It's the mission where you have to have 3 explorers in your deck for the first star, scrap 2 explorers in one turn for the second star, and do both in one game for the third. The third star is the one that won't light up, and I've achieved the first and second stars in the same game five times now. In other words, it shows two stars achieved, and should show 3.

Am I missing something, or is anyone else having the same issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
you need to have the 3 explorers in the deck when you win, have you scrapped them at some point?

disclaimer: I have not beat this mission on hard yet, so I might be missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that there's a coding error somewhere, and I've alerted Ian to (but haven't heard back about it). There are different problems in the Easy and Hard versions. The Easy version has a "harder" requirement than the Hard version! I'm speaking of the PC/Steam implementation here, in case it makes a difference.

What I think I found is that it didn't register something (either purchases, or the double-trash) that you made on the turn you won. That is, you had to have the three stars lit up, then win the next turn (you can check your "star" status in the current mission by clicking the "star" button next to "Menu", of course). I think this is one of the coding errors.

I could do this on the Easy mission (with the "harder" 4/4 requirement). But on Hard (with the "easier" 3/2 requirement), like the OP I've done it multiple times, but can't get it to light up. This is what I think is the second coding error in the mission-achievements, and it triggers my OCD something chronic... gulp yuk soblue

EDIT: tidied up Easy/Hard nomenclature, since I'd mixed them in my first post here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I tested yesterday and failed to get the third star, although I had enough explorers.
Will try it again to see if it can be avoided by buying the explorers before the last round of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear is isn't just me. It is one of only three missions that I've yet to get 3 stars on in hard mode. I know I've done the achievement, but I still want it to show that I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Newburg
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi guys!

Shoot an email to support@whitewizardgames.com if it does appear to be a tech issue.

Hope all are well.

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matija K
Croatia
New York
flag msg tools
I encountered this too, but I got around to it by doing *something*. I can't remember what it was i did exactly, but I did the following on my winning turn:
- I bought at least two, but probably three explorers
- I scrapped at least two, but probably three explorers, maybe even four?

Proof:

(steam screenshot colors look off, at least on my mac)

I also didn't have the three stars lit before this, and I only got to see it on my winning screen.

I wonder now though if I actually just matched the 'Normal' winning condition of 4/4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.