Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this weapon but hate that in LoD it's power is only useful against heroes. Does anyone have an idea to make Charon's Claw useful for Co-op without being complicated and overpowered? One idea I was thinking is that Birdsong from ToA has an At-Will power that let's her give disadvantage to monsters on a roll of 18-20. That would kind of cool. Otherwise I don't really see a way to implement poison to monsters. Anyhow, I would love any simple suggestions you guys might have. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the weapon do at the moment? Does it inflict poison on a target it hits?

I haven't played Drizzt so I'm just going off the other D&D adventure games here.

What about something like:

If the wielder harms a monster with this weapon, place a poison token next to the monster. Whenever that monster activates, make an attack on that monster with the stats:
Attack: +0 Damage: 1

Helpful against bosses or multi-wound monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it simply does 1 damage on a hit but if the target is a hero then that hero is also poisoned. I like your suggestion though. Would the poison token come off the monster after the attack regardless of whether you hit or not? Or would it simply stay on the target? Seems like it should just stay on since the chance for the poison to kick in is low. I like it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking it would stay on. Monsters don't really live long enough in the D&D adventure games to be worth bothering with it wearing off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. It's a solid suggestion. I'm going to try it out tonight so hopefully it feels thematic. Either way it's better than any of the ideas I've come up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rene deras
msg tools
mb
one thing that I use is the stunt condition, it leaves the attack out of the OP in the at-will power, also it happens on the WoA, when you use wrathful thunder, daily power of the cleric, it says pass the card on the payer on your right, I use stunt on the villians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.