Hide
8 Posts

Star Saga» Forums » Rules

Subject: Not enough Lab Technician figures for Mission B? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shayne Hull
msg tools
I’m trying to set up Mission B, but it says to place 8 Lab Technicians. The game only comes with 4 Lab Technician figures.

The only work around I can come up with is you place them as each door is opened... however, can’t a mercenary stay in the first room while another moves into the second room? Wouldn’t it be possible to have mercenaries in all rooms, requiring 8 Lab Technician figures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You must have retail version, with only 4.

Mission B, when you place the map, you are only supposed to layout the map tiles/items until the first door. When you open that door, then you would then place the next set of tiles/items until the next door, etc... thus you don’t need all 8 Lab techs only the 2 to start off with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Hull
msg tools
Yep, retail version. So, when I open the door I move all mercenaries instantly to inside the new room and they can’t go back into the previous room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you leave everything that’s there, there... you just populate the new area by adding tiles, minions, scenery.

Then everyone is free to explore every area exposed. Back and forth, or whatever.

There is a rule when populating an area that you ran outta minions for, they say to sub them out for an equal or lesser ranking one but totaling up to the same unit cost.
p24, blue section titled Not Enough Models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mission A, whole map is built as door is at end of map
Mission B, just the 2rooms are built (up to first door), 4tiles (2tiles first room, 1 tile 2nd room, sm 2 sq. Tile under door), terminal, crate, desk, and sec guard, and 2lab assistants.

Then when you open that first door, leave what you have in play, and then just populate next area up to next door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Hull
msg tools
Curfew wrote:
thus you don’t need all 8 Lab techs only the 2 to start off with.

I thought each section would be left in place once revealed, it’s just that made it sound different.

I did find the rules for if you run out of minion after posting, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But you will generally not move forward without killing some lab techs. While it is possible to make forward progress without removing models since you cannot easily walk past them (have to stop moving when entering enemies front arc, next turn you can break away out of their front arc but first square cannot be to another front arc square of any enemy.

For example for the first 2 techs it is not possible to get through the first door without them moving or being removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Hull
msg tools
That makes sense. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.