Bruce Geryk
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inflicting casualties in a Skirmish is not a victory, correct? And generates no support?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct, though a Skirmish that Eliminates all Units in the enemy Army would constitute a Surrender and can affect Support in that fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Geryk
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, I had missed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Brooski wrote:
Excellent, I had missed that.

Yeah, I didn't get that either, from the rules. I've played one or two Skirmishes where the Crown was wiped out, but because of where the Skirmish rule is located in the rulebook, it didn't occur to me that Skirmishes fell under the normal Battle Defeat rules, at least when it comes to surrendor. Thanks for the thread!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Jones
United States
Auburndale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably Surrender requires leaders to be eliminated as well, generating more support for the victor.

Thematically, it seems that after having lost all units in a Skirmish, Crown leaders should be allowed to "evacuate" in the same way Patriot leaders do after losing their units from a Bombard action. But I've only dabbled in the history, so maybe my suggestion is unrealistic.

I'd like to sneak in a proper question: if multiple leaders are eliminated by Surrender, is support adjusted for each one? I can see an interpretation where any number of leaders elimated by Surrender is a flat 1 support change.

Also, do all supplies carried by an army eliminated in a Skirmish go to the Patriots? If so, I assume that these newly captured supplies could be rejiggered per the normal rules, only then eliminating overstacked supply as it's now the end of the Patriots impulse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The marker advances when "A Crown Leader Surrenders", therefore if multiple Leaders surrender, the marker is advanced once for each.

Yes, the Patriots would get the supplies, and need to reconcile them as they would normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.