Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stun and Discard questions - Also a Bonus question! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shannon Winters
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
1. Stun question - we've been playing that if I'm stunned, I heal back up to 10 at the end of MY turn. Is that right?

2. Discard - when you get stunned and you're drawing down, do discard effects take place?

3. BONUS question - regarding the monster box of monsters - how are these cards implemented into the game? We've finished the original game thru game 7. Do we add Box 1 of the expansion to a previous year? Do we add Box 1 to Year 7, play that game, then add Box 2, etc?

Thanks so much. I've read and read and watched videos and can't find the answers to these questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagheera23608 wrote:
1. Stun question - we've been playing that if I'm stunned, I heal back up to 10 at the end of MY turn. Is that right?

I play that you heal back to 10 at the end of the turn in which you were stunned, regardless of whose turn it is.

Bagheera23608 wrote:
2. Discard - when you get stunned and you're drawing down, do discard effects take place?

Yes, because you are discarding the cards from your hand.

Bagheera23608 wrote:
3. BONUS question - regarding the monster box of monsters - how are these cards implemented into the game? We've finished the original game thru game 7. Do we add Box 1 of the expansion to a previous year? Do we add Box 1 to Year 7, play that game, then add Box 2, etc?

The instructions in each box tell you which cards from the base game to include. You will use cards from years 1-7, but not everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagheera23608 wrote:

You heal back up to 10 at the end of the turn in which you were stunned, no matter whose turn that happens to be.

Quote:

Yes, though any discard effects that would give or remove health do not affect you.

Quote:

All of the Dark Arts and Hogwarts cards from years 1-7 are used with the expansion. Instructions are given within the monster box of monsters how to set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Winters
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
OK, thank you for answering the first two. We were doing one right and one wrong, lol.

Second -I must just be a dunce or maybe I'm not wording it right. We want to start the expansion. I get that the included instructions say to replace some villains, etc. But what game set up do we use? Game/Year 7 set up? I've read the vague instructions and the box 1 bits but I am still not sure how to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagheera23608 wrote:

Second -I must just be a dunce or maybe I'm not wording it right. We want to start the expansion. I get that the included instructions say to replace some villains, etc. But what game set up do we use? Game/Year 7 set up? I've read the vague instructions and the box 1 bits but I am still not sure how to start.

Aside from the described set up for Villain/Location/Encounter set, it's essentially adding Box 1 to the Year 7 setup. So you still have a Y7 or Box 1 hero with a proficiency to start the game, the Hogwarts deck will have Y1-Y7 and Box 1 cards in it, and the Dark Arts deck will have Y1-Y7 and Box 1 cards in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
however you don't use all the villians from Game 7. some, but not all, plus the new enemies from Box 1 of the expansion.

Also, there is another difference in box 1 of the expansion:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Horcruxes are not used. But the expansion introduces "Encounters" which are somewhat similar to Horcruxes, but not exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Winters
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
OMG THANK YOU!!!!! That's what I needed to see/hear/read!!! Can't wait to play now.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Allard
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not you. I feel it is worded weirdly. Took me a few times of reading to understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.