Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Settlement Tracking spreadsheet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Joplin Jr
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Has anyone created a spreadsheet to track everything here? I attempted to use kdm-manager, but the connection to the main server seems broken, and since I don't run dubian or Linux, didn't set up a dedicated server to run it.

I feel like everything could be completed with a rather intricate spreadsheet, and you wouldn't have a problem that is mirrored in a web-based application.

Before I attempt on this myself, has anyone else tried/succeeded at doing this and creating a spreadsheet that has the same kind of responsive design as kdm-manager?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pruden
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cant take credit as it was shared somewhere else. but i thought this google sheet was awesome. it's 1.3 for what I remember.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YUd3ghyXudybAP1IGiK2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Joplin Jr
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Looks great! thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n3x3n wrote:
I cant take credit as it was shared somewhere else. but i thought this google sheet was awesome. it's 1.3 for what I remember.

Could you advise what "1.3" means in practice? What has changed that impacts this spreadsheet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
coralsaw wrote:
n3x3n wrote:

Could you advise what "1.3" means in practice? What has changed that impacts this spreadsheet?

KDM has different versions of the game. The first kickstarter produced version 1.3, and the second kickstarter was for version 1.5. Many things have changed between the two versions.

For the purposes of the spreadsheet things like changes to the timeline (specifically nemesis encounter levels) and changes to the survivor sheets (new survival action Endure, lifetime re-roll from SotF) are the big ones. If there's a page in there for recording resources/gear that would need to be updated as well as late game there are some new resources and new gear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy O'Connell
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey: kdm-manager maintainer here.

We haven't had any downtime in a while (and usage has been low all January, e.g. 30-50 users a day), and I am interested in hearing about what made you think there were connection issues on the 3rd.

If you get a chance and feel like taking a second, any details you feel like passing along will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Weber
msg tools
toconnell wrote:
Hey: kdm-manager maintainer here.

We haven't had any downtime in a while (and usage has been low all January, e.g. 30-50 users a day), and I am interested in hearing about what made you think there were connection issues on the 3rd.

If you get a chance and feel like taking a second, any details you feel like passing along will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Great app, thanks for making it!

My guess is that there was not actually a connection problem, but the general responsiveness of the site could be improved. Waiting for 10 seconds to access a player sheet is not very practical in game. But I am sure you are aware of this issue.
Personally, I would love to use it more, but at places it is a little fiddly right now (chrome on android mobile and Firefox on Windows PC) and way too slow.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy O'Connell
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:

Thanks for checking it out and taking the time to respond here!

Quote:
My guess is that there was not actually a connection problem, but the general responsiveness of the site could be improved. Waiting for 10 seconds to access a player sheet is not very practical in game. But I am sure you are aware of this issue.

10 seconds is way longer than anything should have taken to load. I will be looking into that.

Was it always the Survivor Sheet? Or did the Settlement Sheet take 10 seconds as well?

Quote:
Personally, I would love to use it more, but at places it is a little fiddly right now (chrome on android mobile and Firefox on Windows PC)

About two hours ago, I pushed a major upgrade to the Survivor Sheet. I can't say whether the 10 second response time issue will still be affecting you today, but if you get a chance, I would be interested to hear your impressions about the redesign.

The new Survivor Sheets emulate the printed sheets in the 1.5 box way more than before, and I would be interested to hear if they solve any of your usability issues.

At any rate, thanks again for taking the time to respond.

And thanks for checking out the Manager!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj M
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Just checked out the update to character sheets on kdm manager. It's looking really nice Tim! I'm not noticing much of a dif in load times, about 5 seconds when switching to any different page. I also like how changing survival now has a "save" button. Any plans to add a save/confirm button for insanity, armor/wounds? I think that feature is better because currently if your use the arrows to add/subract multiple times in a row, it tries to save immediately after each click, which can give a strange delay or not register the following click at all. Lately i've just been typing the number totals directly in rather than using the arrows at all to avoid this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Joplin Jr
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
toconnell wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for checking it out and taking the time to respond here!

Quote:

10 seconds is way longer than anything should have taken to load. I will be looking into that.

Was it always the Survivor Sheet? Or did the Settlement Sheet take 10 seconds as well?

Quote:
Personally, I would love to use it more, but at places it is a little fiddly right now (chrome on android mobile and Firefox on Windows PC)

About two hours ago, I pushed a major upgrade to the Survivor Sheet. I can't say whether the 10 second response time issue will still be affecting you today, but if you get a chance, I would be interested to hear your impressions about the redesign.

The new Survivor Sheets emulate the printed sheets in the 1.5 box way more than before, and I would be interested to hear if they solve any of your usability issues.

At any rate, thanks again for taking the time to respond.

And thanks for checking out the Manager!

First off, thank you so much for what you do. Definitely a needed contribution to the community.

Settlement sheets did not take as long to load. We were looking at ~ 4-6 seconds.

The survivor sheets, and any changes to the survivor sheets, were taking 7-10 seconds per change, which was slowing down gameplay significantly.

We will be playing Wednesday and attempting to use the KDM-Manager again, and will report back.

Again, thank you for all that you do for the wider community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy O'Connell
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
Any plans to add a save/confirm button for insanity, armor/wounds?

I just pushed a release on Wednesday that does exactly this!

Let me know when you get a chance to log in and check it out.

(I also removed a bunch of the loading circle things, since they were confusing people: I heard from a handful of users that they felt like they couldn't click/tap/modify the sheet while the graphic was spinning (which isn't correct), so I have started using the graphic more sparingly.)

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy O'Connell
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
The survivor sheets, and any changes to the survivor sheets, were taking 7-10 seconds per change, which was slowing down gameplay significantly.

As I mentioned above, I'm working on backgrounding a lot of those animations that feel like blockers.

Quote:
We will be playing Wednesday and attempting to use the KDM-Manager again, and will report back.

How did it go? Were you in there on Wednesday night, after the latest release went out (basically, did the Insanity/wound boxes have the old controls, or did they all have their own save buttons)?

Thanks again for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Joplin Jr
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Quote:

How did it go? Were you in there on Wednesday night, after the latest release went out (basically, did the Insanity/wound boxes have the old controls, or did they all have their own save buttons)?

Thanks again for the feedback!

The save boxes were working with their own save boxes. My personal experience on Wednesday was that it was better, but slower than I would have preferred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Joplin Jr
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
n3x3n wrote:

Do you know where this was originally shared? I have heavily modified it, and want to see if the original creator has a problem with me sharing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Pottage
Canada
flag msg tools
Can you share the new one with me?!

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1925349/looking-feedback-se...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.