Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Alexander
United States
Saline
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stupid question, if your normal movement is 6, can you "Go For It" and try to move two extra spaces, obviously rolling for each space?
My son is 1 spot short of a touchdown and when his turn is over, it is the end of the half.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, you can go for it twice, extending your movement 2 spaces as long as you roll 2+ on the first roll and 2+ on the second roll.

According to what you wrote, your son would need to only roll once in order to score. I wish him luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Alexander
United States
Saline
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I let him do it assuming that was the answer. He got it. Rolled a 2.
Thanks for the quick answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
MainManDetroit wrote:
Stupid question, if your normal movement is 6, can you "Go For It" and try to move two extra spaces, obviously rolling for each space?
My son is 1 spot short of a touchdown and when his turn is over, it is the end of the half.

When I played in the past, I heard of this Skaven player who had 9 base movement, an extra movement due to a mutation, and was able to go for it three times instead of 2 from a skill. I believe he had the jump skill too.

With luck, he was able to score in a single turn while starting on the front line

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jujulautre wrote:
MainManDetroit wrote:

When I played in the past, I heard of this Skaven player who had 9 base movement, an extra movement due to a mutation, and was able to go for it three times instead of 2 from a skill. I believe he had the jump skill too.

With luck, he was able to score in a single turn while starting on the front line

One-turn touchdowns are pretty special. The trick is using blocks to push opponent's players into your own, and get them closer to the touchdown zone.

Here is an example of a Wood Elf team I played, where I use pushes to get my catcher in range of the touch down, all in one turn. This was an online game against a human opponent. In the rain too, no less. The catcher has the 'sprint' skills which allows for one additional Going-for-it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNMGSUbatxQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Epee wrote:
jujulautre wrote:
MainManDetroit wrote:

One-turn touchdowns are pretty special. The trick is using blocks to push opponent's players into your own, and get them closer to the touchdown zone.

Here is an example of a Wood Elf team I played, where I use pushes to get my catcher in range of the touch down, all in one turn. This was an online game against a human opponent. In the rain too, no less. The catcher has the 'sprint' skills which allows for one additional Going-for-it.

That went well for you. Nice. However, why would you risk those unnecessary blocks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemonpips wrote:
Epee wrote:
jujulautre wrote:
MainManDetroit wrote:

That went well for you. Nice. However, why would you risk those unnecessary blocks?

At the time, I probably reasoned that I had one re-roll left, and the blocks were a worthwhile risk to take. It was still mid-game, and a block (particularly with my tree, which has Might Blow), has a decent chance of causing a casualty on an opposing player, being worth the risk involved. An extra player off the pitch is would be a significant advantage for the second half of the game.

Without a reroll, I would likely not try any other action other than trying to score my touch down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Epee wrote:
Lemonpips wrote:
Epee wrote:
jujulautre wrote:
MainManDetroit wrote:

At the time, I probably reasoned that I had one re-roll left, and the blocks were a worthwhile risk to take. It was still mid-game, and a block (particularly with my tree, which has Might Blow), has a decent chance of causing a casualty on an opposing player, being worth the risk involved. An extra player off the pitch is would be a significant advantage for the second half of the game.

Without a reroll, I would likely not try any other action other than trying to score my touch down.

According to the video, you are out of rerolls. But even if you had a reroll, a td is far more valuable than a casualty (particularly on a linerat), which is not at all guaranteed. The risk is not worth potentially missing a td, especially when you'd be getting the ball back at the beginning of the second half (according to the video). I know how important casualties can be, but touchdowns win games. Of course, if you were only interested in trying to level the tree, and the win would be a side bonus, have at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
Epee wrote:
jujulautre wrote:

That works too. But I believe this skaven player could really do all by himself, running the full 13 squares. A beast.

That was in 3rd edition though, not sure if it's still possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

According to the video, you are out of rerolls. But even if you had a reroll, a td is far more valuable than a casualty (particularly on a linerat), which is not at all guaranteed. The risk is not worth potentially missing a td, especially when you'd be getting the ball back at the beginning of the second half (according to the video). I know how important casualties can be, but touchdowns win games. Of course, if you were only interested in trying to level the tree, and the win would be a side bonus, have at it.

You are right, I had no rerolls. It might have been a mistake then. The video was from a game 1 year ago, the same month I started playing Blood Bowl - so it is plausible that I got lucky making poor decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter McAndrew
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jujulautre wrote:
Epee wrote:
jujulautre wrote:

With luck, he was able to score in a single turn while starting on the front line :p

That works too. But I believe this skaven player could really do all by himself, running the full 13 squares. A beast.

That was in 3rd edition though, not sure if it's still possible

Yes, a gutter runner with +MA and Sprint is definitely still possible. At least Wood Elves no longer have that possibility on their catchers without getting two +MA improvements...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.