Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Need to know before I house rule not to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mcgamin

Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played enough ED yet to give you my personal opinion but here is the developer talking about it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1094881/peace-treaty-overpo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DC680 wrote:
I haven't played enough ED yet to give you my personal opinion but here is the developer talking about it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1094881/peace-treaty-overpo...

I just re-read that thread, and I stand by it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
FULL THROTTLE
badge
FULL THROTTLE
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at everything Escalation adds to augment Warfare. Peace Treaty is the counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
Wargame? Eurogame? Ameritrash? Asia!! Check out Asian board game reviews at CardboardEast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Natural Order (3 Fertile Planets) will remove a Peace Treaty from the game; however, it all also give that player 2VP in compensation.

I don't see how Peace Treaty is overpowered though. I've won games against Peace Treaty before. There are just so many other ways to get ships in the game now. With your Improved Warfare Battle Cruiser and a few Military planets and your Military cost to conquer planets is virtually zero. That is far more powerful than Peace Treaty. I've seen someone get a ridiculous amount of planets before that lead to them winning from planets.

Also Don't forget about the 3 ways to win a tech victory rendering VP useless (Exclusive Victory, Economic Victory, Military Victory). When teaching the game, I tell new players this is the actual way to win; however, if you run out of cards then you have to count points. This way they will be working to get one of those cards from turn one and it gives them a goal to work for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peace treaty imo is not overpowered, but you can house rule whatever you want.
As long as an opponent gains 1 VP from PT or Civilized Planets, I will likely still collect ships with warfare. When some player gains more than that the game has progressed enough that I do not need to rely on warfare for ship collecting (i.e. I have at least two options to get ships some other way and a discount on warfare costs).
Tell us how it goes with your house rule. I bet some GG that a warfare player will win unless neither of them have any significant experience in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilpanda wrote:

Also Don't forget about the 3 ways to win a tech victory rendering VP useless (Exclusive Victory, Economic Victory, Military Victory). When teaching the game, I tell new players this is the actual way to win; however, if you run out of cards then you have to count points. This way they will be working to get one of those cards from turn one and it gives them a goal to work for.

QFT. This is spot on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the counter was Colonize and to do a little military with Warfare actions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.