Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my pledge (highest level available, with base game and all expansions), I know there are some promos which were not included as they were exclusive to previous campaigns. I looked through expansions listing for base game but it's a bit of a mess, with some things listed more than once. Is there any physically released content for Flash Point which was not available during Tragic Events KS and is not part of Extreme Danger KS Bonus Pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I can think of are the Locked Doors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
blipadouzi wrote:
The only thing I can think of are the Locked Doors.

That was part of the Extreme Danger KS. They are visible in second photo:

The original Flash Point KS had a PDF scenario book that was "exclusive", but nothing physical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Harzer
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
"That German Bloke"
mbmbmbmbmb
hsiale wrote:
Just received my pledge (highest level available, with base game and all expansions), I know there are some promos which were not included as they were exclusive to previous campaigns. I looked through expansions listing for base game but it's a bit of a mess, with some things listed more than once. Is there any physically released content for Flash Point which was not available during Tragic Events KS and is not part of Extreme Danger KS Bonus Pack?

As far as I know it is really the POIs. But in TE we got new versions of them which go along with the event cards. So, you aren’t missing anything anymore... apart from the pdf scenario of the original KS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Linke
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

a question related to the TE POIs: if you play flash point with the TE expansion, do you have to use only the POI tokens delivered with the TE expansion or do you have to use some of the tokens from an original flash point base game (you already owned) as well?
if you use only the tokens from TE you only have 3 false alarms, right? this would be different from the 5 false alarms in the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's been suggested anywhere that you should only use the new tokens. The intent is that you should stick with the 10 real / 5 false at start of game, but the new PoIs may be added by event cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly, an effect of the special POIs being added by Event cards is that you're less likely to actually find them - the card gets you to shuffle the special POI into the POI supply, so it will take at least one, and probably many, rescues or false alarm reveals before it gets added to the board, let alone discovered. This means you're more likely to find them towards the end of the game when ignoring them is more of an option (you've saved several already and you're up to 4 POIs from the "How Many People Lived Here?" card.)

We've played maybe ten games and I don't think we've ever rescued the Redshirt or Oxygen Tank user (although the latter still adds gameplay by being a potential explosion.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The variant I use, of having specific "?" POI markers and drawing the actual counters from a bag when they're revealed (which made no difference with a fixed POI pool), will tend to bring the special POIs forward slightly – because you don't have to wait for the POIs already on the board to be revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.