2 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario #34 question *spoilers* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kolberg
United States
flag msg tools
My question is about the Elder Drake special #1 attack. Are all three of the grey hexes required to be aligned with the current boulder that the drake is resting on? It seems to make sense that it would because they have the three grey hexes aligned as the boulders are, but the special rules section for the scenario says "The Elder Drake occupies all three hexes of the obstacle it is on... the Elder Drake can use any of its hexes to determine what it can target."

Obviously requiring all three grey hexes to be aligned with the boulder significantly reduces the area the drake can affect with the attack. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah, I struggled a bit with this as well and finally settled on, Yes, the grey hexes on the atk need to be aligned with the boulders for the atk. It did reduce some potential alignments for the area of effect but it seemed that if you played it another way would require making assumptions about rules that weren't stated.

Edit: Additionally I felt that if it was meant to be any direction from and grey hex, the art would just have one grey hex, rather than 3. But that's all just my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.