David Fernandez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished half of a game and I am sat here eating a pizza thinking if something that happened was right. Basically a rebel squadron attacked my ship directly and decided to ignore my squadrons at the side of that ship (my ship being attacked) that where no more than 2 distance (squadron distance on the ruler) on their start and end move. I am sure there was a rule that stated if there were enemy squadrons in the close vicinity then as a squadron you had to engage them and not attack the ship. Suggestions and advice please. Btw the enemy squadrons that attacked my ship ignoring my squadrons did not have GRIT property.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmb
Engaged squadrons are opposing squads within distance (not range) 1 of one another at either the start or the end of a squadrons movement.

So in theory a speed 3-4 squad could leapfrog an opposing squad to attack a capital ship if they remained at distance greater than 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmb
Forgot about line of site rule.

If no opposing squadron has LOS due to ship obstruction, then they are not engaged and could attack which ever target freely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Digimortal wrote:
Forgot about line of site rule.

If no opposing squadron has LOS due to ship obstruction, then they are not engaged and could attack which ever target freely.

Or obstacles. I often find enemies forget that and maneuver ships near obstacles. Just fly the squadrons into the obstacles, and *taddah* - no more being worried about getting 'engaged'. (Granted, depending on positioning, their own shots may be obstructed - which is pretty bad)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyatt Smith
United States
North Platte
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Intel / Heavy also affects the ability of fighters to prevent shots at ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fernandez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, ok so even if an enemy squadron is between you and your target ship and you pass it on the way to the target ship if both your starting and ending distance from the enemy squadron is more than 1 then you as a squadron effectively bypass that enemy squadron and are not engaged to it.

So if you keep your squadrons very close to your ships then that's a good defensive strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yep or some creative spacing to thicken the line etc.

1st Line: x x x
2nd Line: x x

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.