Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer B
United States
Piqua
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here is something completely different if you feel like being a little silly. This has almost nothing to do with the original rules and is a very different made up game using the Just Dessert Cards. I made up these food fight rules for my boys. The guests have decided to have a food fight, and have built food slinging cannons to shoot desserts at each other.

Each player starts with 3 guest cards and three dessert cards placed face up in front of them. The dessert cards represent a cannon with an unlimited supply of that type of dessert as ammo! Each dessert cannon may be operated by one guest and also serves as a shield for that guest to hide behind and avoid attacks. A guest may only operate a dessert cannon if it has at least one ingredient that matches one of the ingredients that guest likes and no ingredients that the guest does not like. This is likely to leave some guests exposed with no cannon and some cannons unused, but these are very eccentric guests who refuse to touch a dessert they don’t like!

At the beginning of a round, line up any guest who is using a dessert cannon with the matching dessert card. During a round each player may shoot one dessert from each manned cannon they have at any other guest card on the table. After the first player fires one shot from each manned cannon they have, the next player to the left will fire a shot from each of their manned cannons, and so on until all players have had a turn. This ends the round. Each player may now draw one new guest card and one new dessert card and re-arrange their cards to assign matching dessert cannons to a guest to operate them. The first player for each round will always rotate one player to the left of the previous round’s starting player. You may wish to use a token of some kind to track who is the first player of each round.

If a guest is using a dessert cannon is targeted, the dessert cannon takes the hit instead. Turn the dessert card upside down to show that it has taken one hit. If it takes two hits, it is now too gummed up to work and must be discarded. ( A guest cannot then immediately jump behind another cannon. You may only re-arrange which guests are assigned to which cannons at the beginning of the next round) If a guest is not using a dessert cannon they will take the hit. Turn the card upside down to represent one hit. If they are hit a second time, that guest will quit the food fight and go home to change! Hand that guest card to the player who fired the final shot. They will keep this guest card turned sideways and set to the side to keep track of their score. The only exceptions to the two-hits-and-out rule are if a player is hit by a dessert with an ingredient they don’t like. They will immediately give up after only one hit if it’s something they do not like! A player is immune to damage if they are fired at by their favorite dessert. So there is no use in firing a dessert at a player if it happens to be their favorite!

The first player to knock out and collect 5 guest cards is the winner.

I just made this up for a fun little game to play with my boys, so it's not perfect! Feel free to use this idea as inspiration for your own version of a food fight game. I'd love to hear your ideas too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.