Harvest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Player board Lady Lakinplots [micromanagement] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jean-paul do
msg tools
mb
Hi,

I need some clarification for micromanagement.

When it said "you may use harvest, plant, tend, and plow actions interchangeably".

Did it mean

1) I have to spend an action to do so (place action token on my board) or it's free each round?

Or

2) did I have to do one of those actions (havest/plant/tend) to active it?

thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaostown wrote:
Hi,

I need some clarification for micromanagement.

When it said "you may use harvest, plant, tend, and plow actions interchangeably".

Did it mean

1) I have to spend an action to do so (place action token on my board) or it's free each round?

Or

2) did I have to do one of those actions (havest/plant/tend) to active it?

thanks for the help!

The ability says you may use them interchangeably. That means when you get the opportunity to do a Harvest action, you may instead do a Tend action, or a Plow action. Your choice.

It does not give you additional actions, it just gives you the flexibility to do a different action than the one on the worker or initiative card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois LC
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we played it: When you take any of those actions anywhere in the game (Initiative cards, action spots, or building bonus), you can do any one of these action instead of the action choice you had on the card.

Exemple: You go to an action card that give you the possibility to Harvest, you can decide to Plant instead. Or Tend, or Plow a field.

Basically, you are very flexible and don't have to have the right sequence of actions like everybody else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jean-paul do
msg tools
mb
thanks guys for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Harper
United States
Rochester
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:

Basically, you are very flexible and don't have to have the right sequence of actions like everybody else.

There was another thread where the designer said that you don't have to do the actions on an initiative card or at the Labor market in any particular order anyway.

[geekurl=https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1890923/order-actions-card]This thread..[/geekurl]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
holyguano wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:

There was another thread where the designer said that you don't have to do the actions on an initiative card or at the Labor market in any particular order anyway.

[geekurl=https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1890923/order-actions-card]This thread..[/geekurl]

Yes, but I think the flexibility they are talking about there is the flexibility to turn a "Harvest" into a "Plant" or "Tend". When they refer to sequence, I believe they mean the sequence of planting, tending, and harvesting in general, not the sequence of actions on a particular card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois LC
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
holyguano wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:

No, this is something else. Yes, you can do all the actions on a card in any order, but Lady Lakinplots can change these actions to another one of the four mentioned above. Maybe I was not clear enough. Here's an exemple:

On an initiative card, let say you have the Plant and Harvest actions. Any player can either Plant then Harvest, or Harvest first then Plant. That's right.

But Lady Lakinplots can Plant and Tend (changing the Harvest action to a Tend action), Tend and Harvest (here changing a Plant action into a Tend), or even Plow a field then Plant (changing the harvest action to a Plow action), or she can change both actions to two other actions that better suit where you are currently at doing with her (always among the 4 actions named).

I hope this is clearer now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.