Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in our two player games the magic track always ends up at level 3 every night phase. Always. From the rules as we understand them, this is essentially inevitable unless there is literally no one performing a quest of some sort. I would imagine this is even more true in a 3 or 4 player game.

I guess I’m just looking for validation that this is normal and we aren’t doing anything wrong. It plays fine but it seems odd to have a whole set of mechanics for the few moments the track is on 1 or 2 so I wanted to check.

Let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you roll a mushroom on the dice, are you moving the marker up one small space or one whole magic step? Sounds like maybe you're doing the latter by mistake?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. What small space?

Ok, I just went and looked at the board. Wow, somehow neither of us ever noticed those stepping stones! We had been playing the the path had only 4 spaces!

Well, glad I asked the question!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
agent easy wrote:
Hmmm. What small space?

Ok, I just went and looked at the board. Wow, somehow neither of us ever noticed those stepping stones! We had been playing the the path had only 4 spaces!

Well, glad I asked the question!

Thanks!

You've definitely been playing on Hard Mode, agent easy
Now the game should be a piece of cake...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played last night.... what a difference! Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.