Subject: Contagion in Kazan' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lev Matiushenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yesterday we came back from our three days New Year journey to Kazan'. It's a nice city, but looks a lot like Moscow. There were seven of us: me and Nadezhda and some of our distant relatives that came to Russia to spend new year holidays. Here is the picture of the main mosque in Kazan' built in 2005:

So, on the second evening after visiting a great and welcoming pub we decided to return to hotel and spend our time in a room. It's getting dark too early in Kazan' this time of year and we didn't want to walk in the dark two days in a row.
That evening was my time to shine. I brought Pandemic Contagion with me. I know I suck at explaining rules and involving others to join the game. But I took my chance. Main advantage of this game is that it's very compact. You can always take it with you if there will be someone to play with.
Back to the game. First time we were four: me (purple), Nadezhda (yellow), Anton (black) and Gleb (red).
Rules appeared to be simple to understand. So everybody easily accepted them. One thing remained difficult is how many cards to discard when you want to infect a city, but don't have matching colour contagion cards.

When second WHO-card appeared forcing us to discard half of our contagion cards we faced that rare situation where we were out of our desease cubes with no possibilities to eradicate any city. Seriousely, all cities on the table had 8-10 population. And we had to wait untill some other event will allow us to move or to remove some our cubes.
After finishing last round we scored death-toll points one more time added mutation levels and we can see here:

that Gleb is on the lead with his 50 points. Nadezhda got 44 points, I got 43 (that's because we're married, I guess). And Anton was far behind with only 25 points.

Next game Nadezhda left us and Tanya took her place. And also Vlad (blue) (Gleb's elder brother) joined us. So it is five players game now. Yes! The game is full filled.
This time it took us a bit longer to finish. Mainly because two more newbies joined the game. But we coped with that. We eradicated all the cities on the table including three new cities added during the game. In eleven rounds. No final death-toll scoring this time, so we just added our mutation levels and:

Gleb and Anton 41 points to each (shared victory)
40 points to Vlad (amazing considering the fact that he was crawling behind from the start)
Tanya got 34 points
And I got 32. But that didn't really matter to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.