Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: "Trump dissolves voter fraud commission" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonder if they tried to sneak this under the radar with all the other fun going on.

Quote:
The White House announced Wednesday that President Trump is dissolving his voter fraud commission after states failed to hand over requested information.

“Despite substantial evidence of voter fraud, many states have refused to provide the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity with basic information relevant to its inquiry,” Trump said in a statement released by the White House.

“Rather than engage in endless legal battles at taxpayer expense, today I signed an executive order to dissolve the Commission, and have asked the Department of Homeland Security to review these issues and determine next courses of action.”

Trump created the bipartisan commission by executive order in May. The president has claimed without evidence that thousands of people voted illegally in the 2016 election.


http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/367343-trump-diss...

Bad thing is that DHS will now be doing their work to promote voter suppression out of the public eye. At least this bullcrap commission would have been in the public eye.

Stay tuned



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Many states have refused to cooperate with ICE, will he dissolve that next?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Wonder if they tried to sneak this under the radar with all the other fun going on.


All over my Twitter. Also, while I do believe there was shenanigans during the voting process, I think it swung for Trump. Mike Farb(@mikefarb1), aka Unhack the vote, is worth a follow on Twitter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
“Despite substantial evidence” means we have no evidence.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Wonder if they tried to sneak this under the radar with all the other fun going on.


All over my Twitter. Also, while I do believe there was shenanigans during the voting process, I think it swung for Trump. Mike Farb(@mikefarb1), aka Unhack the vote, is worth a follow on Twitter.

Mike Farb bases all his criticism on flawed methodology, which does more harm than good. I would avoid them.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/9/3/1417458/-Behind-th...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Professional Agitation Consultant... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
Avatar
mbmb
So either no evidence found or it was repubs doing it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/03/donald-tr...

Have to laugh at the Breitbart coverage of this. Note how they put the term 'despite substantial evidence' in the title of the article, yet never acknowledge that this substantial evidence is anything other than Trumps quote of what he perceives, and never acknowledging exactly what that substantial evidence is. It's phrased as if they hope people simply look at the article title, and draw a conclusion without reading the article.

But after reading the article, you realize there is no substantial evidence presented, laughs.

Clearly they don't think too highly of their readership base, where they have to resort to this type of trickery to try to influence its readers.

It would actually be totally comical, if it weren't totally tragic that people read this, and eat it up like it was true. shake

Note also that the article claims millions are disappointed over this decision, laughs. Hello??! Exactly where do they get that statement from, did they conduct some poll? The source of this conclusion is dubious, at best. At worst, they simply made it up, in an effort to stoke up the base. shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I was glad to see this piece of partisan bullshit dissolved. Not so happy about the DHS point. It's nebulous, but will have to bear watching.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite substantial evidence, Trump refuses to resign for Sexual Harrasment/Assault crimes.
Despite substantial evidence, Trump refuses to resign for Russian Collusion crimes.
Despite substantial evidence, Trump refuses to resign for Tax Evasion crimes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Quote:
“Rather than engage in endless legal battles at taxpayer expense, today I signed an executive order to dissolve the Commission, and have asked the Department of Homeland Security to review these issues and determine next courses of action.”
Bad thing is that DHS will now be doing their work to promote voter suppression out of the public eye. At least this bullcrap commission would have been in the public eye.
Why did I think of the Gestapo when I read the bold part? That is a rhetorical question.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Quote:
“Rather than engage in endless legal battles at taxpayer expense, today I signed an executive order to dissolve the Commission, and have asked the Department of Homeland Security to review these issues and determine next courses of action.”
Bad thing is that DHS will now be doing their work to promote voter suppression out of the public eye. At least this bullcrap commission would have been in the public eye.
Why did I think of the Gestapo when I read the bold part? That is a rhetorical question.


Running "Department of Homeland Security" through an online translator comes up with

Quote:
Heimatschutzministerium


Seems more appropriately ominous this way
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.