Ting Xu
msg tools
Hey Guys!

I'm soo new to this OMG I'm trying to stem the panic in my chest. I have designed a really awesome card game, I've prototyped it to a point where I think its ready for design.

I've gotten a REALLY awesome artist interested, but he asked me for Creative Brief, and Google has FAILED ME. I cannot find an example on the internet.

What am I supposed to write in it???
Or
Does anyone have an example?

Any advice will be appreciated!!

Happy New years!

~ Trashypanda

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Fitzpatrick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm understanding your question, I'll pass along a "Mad Lib" style template to get you started (originally given by Sen-Foong Lim).

"In <game name>, you play as <role> in <setting> trying to <goal> by <gameplay>.

<Game name> uses <mechanism A> & <mechanism B> with the most interesting mechanism being <your hook>.

For example, by first <mechanism A> & then <mechanism B>, you would be able to <your hook> in order to <goal>.

Your goal is to give the reader:
What type of game is it?
What's the most unique thing about the game?
What's the setting/story/fantasy?
What's a quick example of a turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
❌✔️✔️➖➖
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell your artist that you're not certain what they want, and can they please provide you a sample creative brief that they've found useful in the past. Then write up your vision/goal/requirements/project to that standard.

(edit: Warren's post is talking about how you pitch the game to players or maybe publishers, but I don't think that's what you're after with respect to an artist. They [probably] don't need to know any of that. They do need to know what you want the art to look like.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.