Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you receive the rewards from completed life goals in a solo game or are you only meant to meat the requirement?

The instructions say “ignore the top instructions” but doesn’t say ignore the reward... so I assume you get it. The solo instructions just don’t say if you receive the rewards or not so I fugured I’d ask.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Question] Solo Game - Life Goal Rewards
Good question. I've been collecting the rewards at the end of the game this whole time without knowing if it was a legal interpretation of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mason
msg tools
As the rewards are clearly only for when you meet the life goal which you ignore, I'd say those rewards don't apply in a solo game.

Edit: But it might be fun to apply those rewards in a solo game, as there's clearly some strategy in it. Plus, it'll make the game easier to win, as I have never won solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The points are only for the multi-player game.

For the solo game, you only apply the requirement at the bottom of each card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Vangelis, that changes/ruins everything.

I just finished a game with the 'Haggler' child trait and life goals 'Hoarder', 'Living It Up!', and 'You Can Take It With You'. Without the life goal points, my score was 47; with them 57.

With ten solo games played, I'm 9-1 with the extra points and 0-10 without. I need to work on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your clarification. It's pretty tough to hit the mark. I like that the varying life goals make you try new strategies. Still haven't hit 50 LTH yet, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.