GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,873 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Gloomhaven available for pre-order on Amazon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hoekman
United States
Newcastle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey everyone!

It looks like Gloomhaven is available for pre-order on Amazon! Realeasing January 19th.

$136 and is available for prime shipping. Can't wait to get my hands on this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digital Blaine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not in Canada yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fastest I've ever clicked on the 1-click pre-order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Schwebach
United States
flag msg tools
Came here to post the same thing!

Got my preorder in, estimated delivery Jan 23 with free 2 day shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wonder how many people paid the scalpers exorbitant amounts of money for this game, and if they deemed it worth it to get a copy a bit sooner than the retail release (and just how much sooner they actually got it).

Of course, the retail release hasn't actually gotten here yet, so I guess we won't know until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Hong Kong
State of Mind
flag msg tools
badge
I don't even drink!
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
I wonder how many people paid the scalpers exorbitant amounts of money for this game, and if they deemed it worth it to get a copy a bit sooner than the retail release (and just how much sooner they actually got it).

Of course, the retail release hasn't actually gotten here yet, so I guess we won't know until then.

I am one of those people. I did not pay too much more than what Amazon is offering, but it was enough that I could have bought another average cost game. I also dropped my Prime membership, so I would get hit with the shipping, anyway. To answer your question, I am not going to loose any sleep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gross
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:

I spent an extra $60. I played 50 or so hours over the holiday, so it was a tad more than $1/hour for the extra time I got to play. No regrets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Oosterom
Netherlands
De Meern
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted the game in october and pre order at a dutch webshop that had estimated delivery time on november. I went to Essen and Isaac was there with a couple off hunderd games for 140 euro. I bought that canceling my preorder and played it alot during these months. So i dont regret it as this delivery in november still hasn't happened yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Jacksonville Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I preordered 10 copies so I can sell for profit to those that cant wait for this to be available for < MSRP in < 1 year when the new hotness shows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Spanish shop with some of them, not sure if you can order outside Spain though.

http://www.4dados.es/index.php?id_product=1431&controller=pr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruce ross
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
mdrog2 wrote:
Awesome. I preordered 10 copies so I can sell for profit to those that cant wait for this to be available for < MSRP in < 1 year when the new hotness shows up.

Good luck making a profit when the game is readily available whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdrog2 wrote:
I preordered 10 copies so I can sell for profit to those that cant wait for this to be available for < MSRP in < 1 year when the new hotness shows up.

What you're doing technically isn't wrong and I'm sure you're a swell guy, but I find myself reading your post and thinking "God I hope he gets stuck with at least half of those copies and can't make a profit off of someone else's work".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruce ross
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Vinceness wrote:
mdrog2 wrote:
I preordered 10 copies so I can sell for profit to those that cant wait for this to be available for < MSRP in < 1 year when the new hotness shows up.

What you're doing technically isn't wrong and I'm sure you're a swell guy, but I find myself reading your post and thinking "God I hope he gets stuck with at least half of those copies and can't make a profit off of someone else's work".

me too.....greed at its best, but whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdrog2 wrote:

This is the type of post I thumb down on Slickdeals....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vinceness wrote:
mdrog2 wrote:

Lots of people make profit off other peoples work. Distributors, retailers, etc.

That being said, the only way (unless I'm missing something) for this particular setup to make a profit would be if people are willing to pay higher than retail price for the game.

Count me as one of those who hopes that Isaac's reassurances that there will be plenty of copies of the game available for retail sales. Which, if that comes to pass, would gut the scalper market, and that would bring me great joy.

And I commend Isaac (or whoever created the policy) for implementing a "street/sale date" for the retail edition and having the distributors wait until all distributors get their copies in the name of fairness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Ironat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
is the amazon price the retail price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tanori wrote:

last I heard, the MSRP was $140, so essentially yes (within about tree fiddy).

Unless the MSRP has changed within the past month or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Ironat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
JayJ79 wrote:
Tanori wrote:

last I heard, the MSRP was $140, so essentially yes (within about tree fiddy).

Unless the MSRP has changed within the past month or so.

Thanks for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Duehlmeyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
JayJ79 wrote:
And I commend Isaac (or whoever created the policy) for implementing a "street/sale date" for the retail edition and having the distributors wait until all distributors get their copies in the name of fairness.

Yes. Fairness is everyone having to wait the same amount of time, regardless of if you preordered months ago and the distributor has it sitting on their shelf or you just walk up to a store without having made a commitment the day it is released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Callison
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now showing $250 (no longer available from prior seller (unidentified) at $136). I guess the Jan 19 date is now more suspicious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jacob9587 wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

Yes. Fairness is everyone having to wait the same amount of time, regardless of if you preordered months ago and the distributor has it sitting on their shelf or you just walk up to a store without having made a commitment the day it is released.

You can pre-order tickets to a much anticipated movie. Doesn't mean you'll get to see it before the release date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranier Knizia
msg tools
the previous seller at $136 was Amazon themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Duehlmeyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
JayJ79 wrote:
Jacob9587 wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

You can pre-order tickets to a much anticipated movie. Doesn't mean you'll get to see it before the release date.

No, but you will get to see it before everyone else that didn't buy tickets in advance. Anyone who preordered this game through an online retailer will more than likely get it after anyone picking it up in a store. You will have to wait for fulfillment and shipping.

Only reason I don't drop my pre-order is because the manufacturer has been incorrect so often with supply and the process that I don't trust that it will actually be readily available inside stores. Basically, Isaac created a process that made sure anyone who pre-ordered online would be the last people to receive the game.

In all your other examples, people who pre-order typically have the product shipped to them to arrive on the release date. Books I have pre-ordered I have received before the release date because shipping was a day faster than anticipated. Video games purchased grant early access to people who pre-order. For every example you have, I have plenty that give benefits to pre-orders. What I do not have is a list of instances where people who pre-ordered online were given a disadvantage with distribution.

It is definitely a fair process for the companies selling the game. It makes sense from a business standpoint. It just also ensures that all the customers actually get the game as late as possible. You can't expect customers to be happy with the service you provide if you tell them that it will be available retail in the fall, have them pre-order it expecting it soon, then tell them that their store has it after the date you said it would be available, but they can't give it to you until everyone can have it at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacob9587 wrote:
No, but you will get to see it before everyone else that didn't buy tickets in advance. Anyone who preordered this game through an online retailer will more than likely get it after anyone picking it up in a store. You will have to wait for fulfillment and shipping.

I don't think this is true. When there's a given release date, online stores (or just online store fronts for physical stores) are often allowed to mail the game before the release date by a day or two, in an attempt to have it arrive on the day of release to the customer's house.

Jacob9587 wrote:
Only reason I don't drop my pre-order is because the manufacturer has been incorrect so often with supply and the process that I don't trust that it will actually be readily available inside stores. Basically, Isaac created a process that made sure anyone who pre-ordered online would be the last people to receive the game.

In all your other examples, people who pre-order typically have the product shipped to them to arrive on the release date. Books I have pre-ordered I have received before the release date because shipping was a day faster than anticipated. Video games purchased grant early access to people who pre-order. For every example you have, I have plenty that give benefits to pre-orders. What I do not have is a list of instances where people who pre-ordered online were given a disadvantage with distribution.

It is definitely a fair process for the companies selling the game. It makes sense from a business standpoint. It just also ensures that all the customers actually get the game as late as possible. You can't expect customers to be happy with the service you provide if you tell them that it will be available retail in the fall, have them pre-order it expecting it soon, then tell them that their store has it after the date you said it would be available, but they can't give it to you until everyone can have it at the same time.

Where did they say they won't be doing what you've said is done everywhere else, with things being sent out early by a few days?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Duehlmeyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Jjdelanoche wrote:
Jacob9587 wrote:

I don't think this is true. When there's a given release date, online stores (or just online store fronts for physical stores) are often allowed to mail the game before the release date by a day or two, in an attempt to have it arrive on the day of release to the customer's house.

Jacob9587 wrote:

Where did they say they won't be doing what you've said is done everywhere else, with things being sent out early by a few days?

I asked Isaac on cephalofair.com and he said online retailers are not allowed to release it until the release date. When I asked about a few days ahead in anticipation of the release date, he said he did not know. I ordered through Funagain like many other people. I am assuming they have at least 1000 preorders since they are the primary distributor in the US and they received enough to turn off preorders. They don't have the manpower to ship them all in the same week. Definitely not all in the same day. I had pre-ordered through them because a few months ago they were the only ones taking pre-orders at less than $200 and I knew they would be guaranteed stock since they are the distributor. This also means that I know that they have it in stock at their warehouse currently, since they have been distributing it to other retailers already.

Edit: To more clearly answer your question: I have no way of knowing for sure. Maybe it does end up being just like everything else being shipped. I just don't see how it would be possible given my personal situation. It very well could work out that way for other people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.