Subject: Replenishing Rows/Columns Rule Clarification Needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Minnick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hey everyone -

I was wondering how all of you replenish the columns and rows after each turn... meaning do you always replenish from left to right and top to bottom? I caught myself replenishing rows and columns differently during the game and I realized this could have a rather large impact on gameplay depending on how the random cards get laid out. Therefore I decided to always replenish left to right (rows) and top to bottom (columns) just to keep it standardized and consistent. How do you do it? Should it be randomly placed too? Like whatever order the player who's replenishing the cards feels like?

Let me know what you all think and how you do it. I couldn't find any clarification on this in the rulebook.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For how light this game is I only see OCD as a reason to stick to a standard. Random is random. In fact, a random way of replenishing rows and columns would be even more fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think the person replenishing a row or column should look at a card and then decide where to place it in the row or column. The easiest way to avoid this is to just have a standardized way, so we do as you suggest - columns are dealt top to bottom and rows left to right. But of course it wouldn't matter which way you deal (could be right to left, bottom to top) as long as you don't make a dealing decision dependent on the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wood
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jminnick wrote:
Hey everyone -

I was wondering how all of you replenish the columns and rows after each turn... meaning do you always replenish from left to right and top to bottom? I caught myself replenishing rows and columns differently during the game and I realized this could have a rather large impact on gameplay depending on how the random cards get laid out. Therefore I decided to always replenish left to right (rows) and top to bottom (columns) just to keep it standardized and consistent. How do you do it? Should it be randomly placed too? Like whatever order the player who's replenishing the cards feels like?

Let me know what you all think and how you do it. I couldn't find any clarification on this in the rulebook.

Thank you!

I thought about including something like this in the rules but all it would do really is slow down the game and be one extra thing to teach. Like Randy said, "Random is random." As long as no one looks at the card first and then decides you should be fine.

But if you want an official way to do it my standard is: Left to Right, then Top to Bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Minnick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thank you! Love the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.