Reiji Kobayashi
Japan
flag msg tools
There are several cards that say "Reveal cards from your deck" without mentioning what to do with them afterwards. Do they go in the discard pile, or get shuffled back into the deck, or what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They should be placed right back on top of your deck. Reveal, then put back. I think? Unless there's a specific card that conflicts with this general rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are put back on top of the deck.

Note that there is one typo on the card called "Scrap Shop" where 'reveal' should be replaced with 'discard'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reveal is a common term across all Legendary games. It means simply to show the card to all players. Once done, it will always go back to exactly where it was shown from unless any card rules say otherwise (like draw into hand if it costs 3 or less for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiji Kobayashi
Japan
flag msg tools
negatrev wrote:
Reveal is a common term across all Legendary games. It means simply to show the card to all players.

Interesting. I've only played the Legendary Encounters games, where reveal means flip over a face-down card. Although, come to think of it, that could be applied to this situation as well.

Thanks, folks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laissez K wrote:
negatrev wrote:
Reveal is a common term across all Legendary games. It means simply to show the card to all players.

Interesting. I've only played the Legendary Encounters games, where reveal means flip over a face-down card. Although, come to think of it, that could be applied to this situation as well.

Thanks, folks!

Actually that's a SCAN. It turns a hidden card face-up. Some of those cards do have a REVEAL effect (Triggered when a card is turned face up) and they all stay face-up once revealed. In that game alone (probably because it was their second before they brought everything in-line) reveal a card (not scan) is called SHOW in the rule-book I believe. They learnt pretty fast from their mistakes with using different keywords for the same meaning in different games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.